EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Unaccepted server reply - FTPS

Also by EldoS: CallbackRegistry
A component to monitor and control Windows registry access and create virtual registry keys.
Posted: 09/13/2007 08:36:39
by Sandra Neumann (Basic support level)

I am using BDS 2006 with the latest version of sbb for SSL and TLS support. I can upload files to intern server without firewall using your sample ftps-client, but when I upload files to extern server with firewall I get 'Unaccepted server reply (error code is 0)'. Connection and loggin ok! Any clue whats the reason?

Thanks for answer.
Posted: 09/13/2007 08:49:50
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Looks like you are using not the latest version. Please take build 120.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 09/13/2007 10:00:44
by Sandra Neumann (Basic support level)

Many thanks... file transfer successfull!
Posted: 11/30/2007 16:36:59
by Chad Hoyt (Standard support level)

I have build and am getting a similar error with sbb for SSL. I can also upload to an internal and local ftp servers using ftpsclient but then uploading to an external server I get:

"Unaccepted server reply (error code is 550)"

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted: 12/01/2007 03:35:52

As you can note, it's error 550 which is not accepted. Obviously, the client sends some command, for which the server is not standard-compliant and returns error 550 instead of one of the errors defined in the RFC.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 12/01/2007 04:27:15

Probably I should be more informative. As the error is given for some command, you (or we) should find out, what exactly command causes the error. The remedy will depend on the command. So please use our sample application to perform the same operations that your application does, and capture the log. Once you do this, post it here (remember to remove username and password). We will check it and find out what can/should be done.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages

Topic viewed 6602 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!