EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

How do I make TElSSHServer allow port forwarding?

Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.
Posted: 09/11/2016 03:18:22
by  mrphu mrphu
Hi Eldos company,
I recently uses your SSH Server Java library to create my own SSH server. In the past, I used Bitvise SSH server with "Allow port forwarding" option to create my SSH server and used Bitvise SSH Client connected to SSH server and then created a local port forwarding on my machine that accept me connect to the internet through local port.
Now, I need to uses TElSSHServer to create my SSH server for some reasons, and I uses Bitvise SSH client to connect to my SSH server. Everything seem OK, I means I can connect to TElSSHServer successfully. But the only things that I can't created a local port forwarding on my machine that accept me connect to the internet through local port.

Anyone can help me?
Thanks so much.
Posted: 09/11/2016 08:51:22
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

I’ve noticed there is no Support Access Ticket linked to your user account on EldoS site. Technical Support is provided to customers with the linked Support Access Ticket. You will find your Support Access Ticket together with all the details about how to use it in the registration e-mail that we’ve sent to you upon the purchase.

If you are evaluating the product and don't have a license yet, please let us know and then you can have support according to Basic support level. Basic support level includes answering basic technical questions that appear during product evaluation period. We also offer Premium support for a purchase from https://www.eldos.com/support/calc.php . You can use Premium Support to get higher level of assistance during your evaluation of our products.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 09/11/2016 09:25:15
by  mrphu mrphu
Yes, I do. I am valuating the product and don't have a license yet. I wanna test this server feature before I decide to buy this one.
Thanks.
Posted: 09/11/2016 10:06:10

Ok, did you check the samples, which are included in SecureBlackbox? We have SSH/SFTP Server sample for .NET, VCL, Java. In Java the sample is in {SecureBlackbox}\Samples\SSHBlackbox\Server\SSHServer directory.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 09/11/2016 10:41:47
by  mrphu mrphu
Yes, I did.
I used Bitvise SSH Client connect to SSH Server like this

I set up a local port forwarding via port 1083.
and I used firefox to connect to the internet via port 1083. But I always face this error: Client connection closed before completion of protocol.

I thinks I misses some configuration on SSH server side like: Enable local port forwarding SSH server.

I see a method: OpenClientForwarding() but I have no idea how to use this method.

Can you helps me?
Thanks
Posted: 09/11/2016 11:18:32

Thank you for the detailed description of the problem. The developers will take a look tomorrow.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 09/12/2016 04:53:43
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Hello.

The problem is that forwarding related functionality is not implemented in Java sample. You can check .NET sample for details of its implementation and use it as a reference.
Posted: 09/12/2016 05:14:55
by  mrphu mrphu
Hi,
I don't see anything about feature that help me enable local port forwarding on server. (In .NET sample and Java sample is the same true).
I uses your TSSHServer library to create my own SSH server. But I don't know how to tell the server accept local port forwarding. So I can use Bitvise client connect to my Server and create a local port forwarding to use firefox connect to the internet via this local port.
I just wanna use Bitvise client for some reasons.

Is It impossible to turn on this feature?

Thanks.
Posted: 09/12/2016 05:16:14
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Alternatively, to make the things easier for you we may consider adding the forwarding functionality to the Java sample for you, but in this case we would ask you to purchase a product license or a support plan.

Ken
Posted: 09/12/2016 05:18:31
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

I don't see anything about feature that help me enable local port forwarding on server. (In .NET sample and Java sample is the same true).

Please check next event handlers in .NET sample, that are missing in Java sample (SSHSession.cs):

Code
m_SSHServer_OnOpenServerForwarding
m_SSHServer_OnServerForwardingRequest
m_SSHServer_OnOpenClientForwarding
Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.

Statistics

Topic viewed 793 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!