EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

XML enveloped signature with DSA and PEM

Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.
Posted: 09/05/2016 11:02:38
by Jan Záhora (Basic support level)

Hi,

I haven't SecureBlackbox (I trying demo), so I buy the full version, when I resolve the following problem:

I have non-signed XML file. I want sign this file (root element) with enveloped-signature, DSA key pair (private and public) and SHA1 algorithm. I was looking for an example, but I never found anything. Any idea or example?

Jan.
Posted: 09/05/2016 11:37:56
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

The samples are in {SecureBlackbox}\Samples directory on your disk.

There's also a how-to section in the help file (also on your disk), which can be used as a guidance.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 09/05/2016 12:06:12

Hello,

thank you for your answer. Examples course I studied, but I found only signing by certificate (e.g. Samples\Delphi\XMLBlackbox\Signer) or detashed signature (e.g. Samples\Delphi\PKIBlackbox\Primitives\SignDetached). Unfortunately, I not found enveloped-signature signing XML file by key using the PEM. Will you help me?

Jan.
Posted: 09/05/2016 12:11:11

In general you need to modify the Signer sample to match your needs.

PEM is just a format and it contain certificates and/or keys of different kinds. Depending on what it contains in your case the ways to modify the samples would be different. You need to look into the PEM file and determine, what exactly you have. Then we can guide you further.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 09/05/2016 12:40:48

Hi,

I have files "dsa_pub.pem" and "dsa_priv.pem" (in attachment). I need signed XML file, example in attachment too. Recipient have "dsa_pub.pem" for validating.

Jan.
Posted: 09/05/2016 13:32:01

I have removed the attachment as it contains the private key, which you are supposed to keep secret.

Actually the sample allows you to load the private key instead of the certificate. Just choose the file with the private key and you are done. The sample is smart enough for this.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 09/05/2016 14:33:42

Hi,

thank you for your answers. After a small edit sample code (work with TElXMLKeyInfoDSAData) I signed XML file according to my ideas. After confirming the correctness of XML file by recipient I can buy SecureBlackbox.

Jan.
Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.

Statistics

Topic viewed 529 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!