EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

AS2 Sender Demo

Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.
Posted: 08/28/2016 17:27:08
by Jeff Newlin (Standard support level)

I am trying to learn how to send a AS2 Message using the "AS2 Sender Demo". I am getting stock on the very first item in the list. I click on "1. Main" to set u the main properties and I am at a prompt asking me for "From" and "To".

The people I am trying to send the message 2 have given me a URL and marked as "HTTPS Address to Use" (it looks like this :

I have also been given a user name, password, and two IDs for the X12 file I am trying to send (they use the term Sender ID and Receiver ID).

With that info what do you think I should use on the AS2 demo's "From" and "To" properties ?

Thank you for any info!
Jeff Newlin
Posted: 08/29/2016 11:25:17
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Could it be that SenderID and ReceiverID correspond to From and To respectively?

In general AS2 protocol uses S/MIME as a data format. Which implies email-like addresses and From: and To: fields respectively. So it's not exactly clear, where they put those IDs.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 08/29/2016 11:26:45
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Could you please show your ID (maybe replace some characters, if the IDs are confidential)? This way we'd understand, what that all is about.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 08/30/2016 16:59:42
by Jeff Newlin (Standard support level)

Thanks for your help. I hope this is not too detailed but I do have someone on the server side to help me but I am trying to figure out what component I would need to purchase accomplish it - so I am sending a bit more info to you.

This is the general info regarding the type of messages I am trying to send :

I want to send Real time eligibility requests (Ansii 270 format) and receive a response (Ansii 271 format).

From the "server Side" they provide this definition:

"Real Time is defined as any communication between the user and Office Ally that utilizes the AS2 communication protocol in the online transfer and processing of business data in which the sender sends a request transmission and the response to the request transmission is returned immediately over the same connection."

They provided me with some reference material. I have the option of sending these messages using

HTTP MIME Multipart

The IDs supplied are :

User Name : newlinxxx (x's represent changed characters)
password : !somePassword#

Sender ID : 1X45X95 (x's represent changed characters)
Receiver ID : OFFALLY

The sender and receiver ID were given with a note that they go into the message I am trying to send in fields ISA06 and ISA08 - that part I understand!

They give the attached example for sending messages using the SOAP enveloping.

This text goes with the attached file :
The Real time Request message structure shown below specifies SOAP 1.2.
SOAP version 1.2 must be implemented by all Servers.
When sending or receiving payloads which contain non-printable characters, e.g., separator characters in an ASC X12 Interchange payload or in a non-ASC X12 Interchange payload in Real time using SOAP, the payload must be Base64 encoded.
This shows the following components:
1. The HTTP Headers are shown colored in blue.
2. The WS-Security Username and Password token (shown here with a pink background) is added to the SOAP Header by the platform on which SOAP is run. The SOAP platform’s Web-Services Security Extensions may be configured to insert these tokens.
3. The portion of the SOAP envelope colored in green has the remaining metadata that is defined as part of the CORE Phase II Connectivity Rule. (See §4.4)

Thanks so much !

Posted: 09/01/2016 02:51:02
by Alexander Ionov (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for the details.

As far as I understand, you should use Sender ID as a value for From field, and Receiver ID as a value for To field.

The specified URL should be used on the second tab of the AS2 Sender demo where you need to provide an URL where the message should be posted to.

Not sure where to use the provided username and the password. You can try to use it inside the URL like:

Best regards,
Alexander Ionov
Also by EldoS: CallbackRegistry
A component to monitor and control Windows registry access and create virtual registry keys.

Topic viewed 400 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!