EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

TElSftpClient OpenFile method problems

Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.
Posted: 08/23/2016 08:29:41
by Plamen Nikov (Basic support level)

Hello Support Team,

I am experiencing intermittent problems with the TElSftpClient OpenFile method.

It works well with a single file, or lists of files with relatively similar size, but it fails if one of the files is bigger than several MB than the others.
Basically the SSH connection is established fine and SFTP connection is successfully started.

I am writing an SFTP Client Application in C# as a Windows WCF service, I am using Secureblackbox Library ver. 7.2, class TElSftpClient.
I am testing with CORE FTP Server, and my Service works in a VMware Workstation 10.0.7 within PC with OS Windows 7 Professional.

The structure/workflow of my Application can be roughly described as follows:

SFTP Sessions with SFTP Client in mtTransporter are performed in two modes: Call Mode and Listen Mode.

Call Mode
is triggered by MTTransporter Interface routine StartSFTPClient_Call().
This initializes SSH_SFTPClient object parameters for the Call Mode, esablishes TCP connection to the SFTP Server
and opens a separate thread for the Call Mode - CallThreadRoutine() procedure.

The CallThreadRoutine() procedure
is the Main routine of the Call Mode.
This receives files from the Server's Root directory and makes inner folders,
receives files from Server's inner folders', if any;
and sends files from Client to Server, making new inner folders from the Client's 'Send' folder to Server's 'Receive folder, if any;
and sends all inner folders files.

Listen Mode
is triggered by MTTransporter Interface routine StartSFTPClient_Listen().
This initializes SSH_SFTPClient object parameters for the Listen Mode, esablishes TCP connection to the SFTP Server
and opens a separate thread for the Listen Mode - ListenThreadRoutine() procedure.

The ListenThreadRoutine() procedure
is the Main routine of the Listen Mode.
This receives files from the Server's Root directory and makes new inner folders
from the Server's 'Send' folder to Client's 'Receive' folder and are received files from Server's inner folders.

After the jobs are done, the connection is closed.
MT Engine and UI are notified for all received files, created folders and errors.

I would gladly attach small code-snippet in C#, if required.

Please advise :
Plamen Nikov
Posted: 08/23/2016 08:52:33
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

As I explained in the live chat, we can't support such old version. Please upgrade to the latest version 15. If the issue persists with it (though I doubt it will), we'll be able to investigate it.

On a separate note, I’ve noticed there is no Support Access Ticket linked to your user account on EldoS site. Technical Support is provided to customers with the linked Support Access Ticket. You will find your Support Access Ticket together with all the details about how to use it in the registration e-mail that we’ve sent to you upon the purchase.

If you have questions about licensing, you are welcome to submit them to the HelpDesk, where my colleagues will help you address them (including obtaining the Access Tickets).

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 08/23/2016 09:20:28
by Plamen Nikov (Basic support level)

Thank you, Eugene.

Statistics

Topic viewed 340 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!