EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Memory leak for SBHTTPSClient.TElHTTPSClient

Also by EldoS: Callback File System
Create virtual file systems and disks, expose and manage remote data as if they were files on the local disk.
Posted: 08/23/2016 06:49:36
by shawn jun (Basic support level)

we've setup a simple testing and could see the memory keep rising, could you help?

the attachment is the encapsulation of the HttpSecureBlackbox, and the below code the is caller side via a timer in Windows Form application:

private void timer1_Tick(object sender, EventArgs e)
                textBox1.Text = "Stop ...";

string url = "https://www.msn.com/";
                var xmlDoc = new XmlDocument();
                var instance = new HTTPBlackbox();
                var xmlStr = new StringBuilder();

instance.HttpsRequestXmlDocument(url, ref xmlStr);

textBox1.Text = "Start";
            catch (Exception ex)
                Trace.WriteLine("In function WebRequestXmlDocument, exception occured, detail: " + ex.ToString());

[ Download ]
Posted: 08/23/2016 07:34:39
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

The term "leak" is inappropriate here, as we are talking about managed environment with automatic garbage collection.

There are indeed some global objects allocated. The rule of thumb is to call .Dispose() on all components which you dynamically allocate. But your code doesn't show at all, how you are using the component, so I can't comment any further.

Finally, I’ve noticed there is no support access ticket linked to your user account on EldoS site. Support is provided to customers with the linked support access tickets. You will find your support access ticket together with all the details about how to use it in the registration e-mail that we’ve sent to you upon the purchase.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 08/23/2016 09:25:43
by shawn jun (Basic support level)

I just left company for rush and missed some info here.
The memory is rising so fast and obvious, I noticed this by just looked the Virtual Memory and WorkingSet in Windows Task Manager, the testing lasted less than a hour, but the memory usage was over 10 times than the initial value, and still rising.
I believe this is not a GC issue, otherwise, the memory would drop after a while.
And further more, I've always called:

for every instance in a finally statement.

I'll create the ticket maybe later since I'm not in office for now, but I'm sure we're the paying customer of yours.

Topic viewed 131 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!