EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

TElHTTPSClient Support for NTLM Default Credentials

Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.
Posted: 08/16/2016 17:17:10
by devmgr (Basic support level)

I am evaluating SBB version 15.0.295 for use in my application and I really like what it has to offer, but I have run into a problem.

My application needs to connect to an intranet site using NTLM authentication, so I added NTLM support to the HTTPGet sample application by adding this line of code to btnGo_Click:

HTTPSClient.UseNTLMAuth = true;

However, I get error 100358 (see attached file) unless I explicitly add my username and password to the RequestParameters:

HTTPSClient.RequestParameters.Username = @"myDomain\myUsername";
HTTPSClient.RequestParameters.Password = @"myPassword";

When I do this, I can connect without error.

Is there any way to use the default credentials of the logged on user without requiring the user to enter his username and password?

Thank you!

[ Download ]
Posted: 08/17/2016 04:58:41
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

SecureBlackbox uses WinAPI for NTLM support and it should work without setting login credentials explicitly, but if it doesn't work we have limited possibilities to debug the problem.
Posted: 08/17/2016 15:49:13
by devmgr (Basic support level)

One additional bit of information: adding explicit credentials works only the first time. Subsequent attempts to connect with the same TElHTTPSClient object result in the same 100358 error. Modifying the sample app to instantiate a new TElHTTPSClient object eliminates the error. (see attached log for more detail)

Is there something that needs to be done to reset or reinitialize the TElHTTPSClient object after the first request so that it works the second time without instantiating a new TElHTTPSClient?

[ Download ]
Posted: 08/17/2016 16:16:29
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Sounds like some internal variable is not reset. I have moved this question to the HelpDesk where we can track it easier.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Topic viewed 386 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!