EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Does SecureBlackBox provide support for Kerberos?

Also by EldoS: CallbackProcess
A component to control process creation and termination in Windows and .NET applications.
Posted: 05/21/2006 20:20:56
by Paul Power (Standard support level)

Does SecureBlackBox [or any EldOs product] provide support for Kerberos? I have searched through the doco on the site without finding any referenece to Kerberos, so the answer maybe quite obvious ;-)
Posted: 05/22/2006 00:21:40
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Unfortunately, no. SecureBlackbox does not support Kerberos algorithms.
Posted: 05/22/2006 18:27:13

Thanks for the response, Innokentiy. Is there any plands to support Kerberos 5 in the future in any of the products?

Posted: 05/23/2006 02:28:25
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

No, we don't have any plans for Kerberos, cause it doesn't seem to have any practical sense. With SecureBlackbox being on the market for over 4 years, you are the only person to ask for such thing.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 05/23/2006 03:17:45

The reason I am enquiring is that we are receiving more and more requests to incorporate Kerberos 5 support into our own products from our larger customers both on Windows and UNIX platforms - this is as well as support we get through EldoS SecureBlackBox for Public/Private key crytography. [Kerberos 5 is pretty standard on Win2K servers and later that run Active Directory etc].

I've noticed that Vintella provides an extended version of PuTTY's plink which offers Kerberos support - we can meet this requirement with this but it would have been easier to meet our SSH needs with one 3rd party product rather than 2.

Thanks for your reply,

Also by EldoS: RawDisk
Access locked and protected files in Windows, read and write disks and partitions and more.

Topic viewed 5160 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!