EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

EElSSHException

Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.
Posted: 08/15/2016 07:31:58
by cosmin ioan (Basic support level)

hi there,
I'm trying to connect via SFTP/SSH, to a server, that's always been working fine, however the provider has changed something on the backend, I cannot figure out what and they won't mention either, however, I am attaching the following screenshot in hope that it might shed some light -- the environment is Delphi 5 and toolset is Blackbox 2.5.18 on 10/6/2003, with an access violation on the ReadString function.

thanks a bunch for any pointers,
Cosmin

Posted: 08/15/2016 07:38:33
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

The version of SecureBlackbox you are using is 13 years old. The code was significantly improved since then, a lot of new algorithms were implemented etc. so there is no sense to try to make it work. Even if we'll found out the reason of the problem, we'll not be able to fix the old source code.

I recommend you to download the latest version and try to connect to the problematic server. If any problem occurs, we'll investigate the issue.

Also I’ve noticed there is no Support Access Ticket linked to your user account on EldoS site (you have linked only License Access Ticket). We welcome you to link the Support Access Ticket as well so that our system could indicate you as a person eligible for support. You will find your Support Access Ticket together with all the details about how to use it in the registration e-mail that we’ve sent to you upon the purchase.
Posted: 08/15/2016 09:21:04
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

To add to Vsevolod's reply:

In '2003 there were no license tickets, so you are welcome to contact us via HelpDesk in order to get one.

Regarding Delphi 5 --

SecureBlackbox can be used in Delphi 5 and internally we compile all units and packages for Delphi 5. However there's no full-fledged installation of the evaluation version for Delphi 5.

I've packed the compiled units and packages for you, you can download them on http://files.eldos.com/sbb15/pvt/sbb_eval_delphi5.zip

To get samples, documentation and the evaluation license key you would need to download and install the evaluation for any other version of SecureBlackbox from https://www.eldos.com/sbb/download-release.php

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 08/15/2016 09:42:36

great -- thanks a bunch Eugene, the additional info is most helpful.
I will give it a try in the next couple of days and report back and will be happy to purchase the new version if it resolves the issue or can be assisted to get it working.

thanks again,
Cosmin
Posted: 08/20/2016 15:57:59

hi Eugene,
sorry for the late reply --
I tried to add the SSH* components from the dcu's offered at http://files.eldos.com/sbb15/pvt/sbb_eval_delphi5.zip and I get "one or more lines were too long and have been truncated.

Am I, perhaps, missing a basic step?

thanks a bunch for any pointers,
Cosmin
Posted: 08/20/2016 16:13:54

In my Delphi 5 environment, the compiled blp and dcu provided above, I've tried to open up SecBBox55.bpg, in hope of adding the new components, and I get Rule for project "\" is not specified.

Not sure what I am still missing.
thanks much for any help,
Cosmin
Posted: 08/21/2016 11:10:23
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

It looks like something is fundamentally wrong in the way the files are handled. 1) you don't need .bpg file - if you want to install the packages, they are already compiled and you need to just add them to the list of loaded packages using Main Menu -> Component -> Install Packages ... dialog.

2) If you are trying to add DCU files directly to your project, it seems that the IDE treats DCU file as source code. Frankly speaking, I don't know how it's cured in Delphi 5, but normally you don't need to add them in the first hand. Just add the path of those files to the list of library paths of your project, and the compiler will load the DCUs when needed.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 08/22/2016 10:22:42

thanks Eugene, will investigate and report back.
Also by EldoS: CallbackRegistry
A component to monitor and control Windows registry access and create virtual registry keys.

Statistics

Topic viewed 589 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!