EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

OneDrive and unrecognized file extensions

Also by EldoS: RawDisk
Access locked and protected files in Windows, read and write disks and partitions and more.
Posted: 08/11/2016 05:13:15
by Paolo Righi (Standard support level)

Dear Support,

I don't know whether someone else has already post this question.
I tried to download with your sample code from OneDrive a file which has an unrecognized extension (I'm developing a compression application which generates even old compressed types like Black Hole and LHA which have, respectively, ".bh" and ".lha" extensions).
What I found in the downloaded file is an HTML text which warns that something went wrong on the server.
How do I solve that? Should I instruct the OneDrive service about the unrecognized extensions or should I generate a http post to force the correct download?
I can add besides that trying to download these files using the web interface I was prompted to Confirm that I understand the file can harm my PC to Continue the Download as OneDrive hasn't been able to scan the file for viruses.

Best Regards.

Paolo Righi.
Posted: 08/11/2016 08:32:23
by Alexander Ionov (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for reporting this.

Unfortunately, you're the first one who reports such problem and we are unable to reproduce it on our test account. We tried to upload a *.lha file to OneDrive and download it using our sample then, - all works fine.

It would be great if you could create a ticket in the Helpdesk and provide us with an account credentials for testing.

Please note that OneDrive for Business is not officially supported. So, if you use such account type, we're not sure we'll be able to help you with this issue.

--
Best regards,
Alexander Ionov

Statistics

Topic viewed 503 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!