EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

SftpClient.MakeDirectory

Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.
Posted: 08/15/2007 11:13:08
by Frank Davis (Standard support level)

I have the ability to create a directory on our SFTP site. I cannot figure out what values I am suppose to pass to give the directory read and write permissions. I reviewed the documentation but its not clear what values I am suppose to pass. Can you show me a piece of code that sets these properties? FYI - I am using VB.net 2005

Sub MakeDirectory(ByVal Path As String, ByVal Attributes As TElSftpFileAttributes)
Posted: 08/15/2007 11:55:51
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Frank Davis wrote:
I cannot figure out what values I am suppose to pass to give the directory read and write permissions

Assuming that you want to set 666 unix permissions, the code would be

Code
Dim Attributes As TElSftpFileAttributes = new TElSftpFileAttributes()
Atributes.UserRead = true
Atributes.UserWrite = true
Atributes.UserExecute = false
Atributes.GroupRead = true
Atributes.GroupWrite = true
Atributes.GroupExecute = false
Atributes.OtherRead = true
Atributes.OtherWrite = true
Atributes.OtherExecute = false
Attributes.ATime = DateTime.Now
Attributes.IncludedAttributes = SBSftpCommon.saPermissions OR SBSftpCommon.saATime

Client.MakeDirectory(Path, Attributes)

The code is written in the browser so there might be some minor issues/typos but you should get the idea.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 08/15/2007 13:10:13

Note, that in the above sample I create the directory, for which Execute permission is set to false. This will lead to the behavior when directory contents can't be read. The proper way would be to set UserExecute, GroupExecute and OtherExecute to true, but for the example I decided to set them to false. In real life set them to true (unless you need to prevent the directory from being read).

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 08/15/2007 14:25:06
by Frank Davis (Standard support level)

Ok.
Just one question.

SBSftpCommon.saPermission­s OR SBSftpCommon.saATime

'saPermission­s' is not a member of 'SBSftpCommon'

Am I missing something?
Posted: 08/15/2007 14:40:20

Attributes.IncludedAttributes = SBSftpCommon.Unit.saPermissions Or SBSftpCommon.Unit.saATime

Also, saATime is included as an example of how to set multiple different attributes. You don't necessarily need to set it.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.

Statistics

Topic viewed 2309 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!