EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Need SHA-2 and TLS 1.2 of secure blackbox

Also by EldoS: Callback File System
Create virtual file systems and disks, expose and manage remote data as if they were files on the local disk.
Posted: 07/29/2016 12:36:05
by EN-KUANG FONG (Basic support level)

Hi,

I was using secureblackbox to connect to the host for years.. Recently the host
end requires connection encryption to be SHA-2 and TLS 1.2. I have tried using
existing secureblackbox and can not make the connection to the host successfully.

I am Window vb developer, How can I find out what encryption protocol version I have currently and how to update if necessary.

I've use...
ElSBLicenseManagerX1.SetLicenseKey ("5FCAE3C89CF2Etc,.. on form load
and use client.address, client.port,client.open to attempt making connection
I am able to connect some port with SHA-1 but getting failed respond on SHA-2, Host end replied that particular port is for SHA-2 and TLS1.2 requires only.

Thanks

Bob Csc
Posted: 07/29/2016 20:31:36
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Hi Bobby,

Thank you for contacting us.

I am sorry to say that ActiveX edition you are using is too old and can't be used to connect to TLS 1.2 and SHA2 servers. This is because both TLS 1.2 and SHA2 were added to the protocol relatively recently and went through a lot of changes on their way. This way, I am afraid that upgrading to a newer SecureBlackbox version and edition is the only viable option for you.

Unfortunately, we do not support VB platform via ActiveX edition any more. This means that you might need to upgrade to a different edition of SecureBlackbox and using that one instead of ActiveX edition you are using currently. As you use VB, I believe .NET edition would suit you the best. COM and .NET are well interoperable, and you can easily use .NET components from COM components, which, in turn, can be used in VB.

May I ask you to let us know the details of SecureBlackbox version you are currently using, and attach your license ticket to your eldos.com account please? This will let us see your license and discuss any possible upgrade routes, if you are interested in it.

Ken
Posted: 07/30/2016 00:40:07

Hi Ken

Thank you for the reply. My secureblackbox detail as follows:(I have no ideal of finding version).

It is a VB 5/6 Program, include reference
Eldos PKIBlackbox Library (PKIBBox.oca)
Eldos SecureBlackbox Base Declareations (BaseBBox.oca)
Eldos SSLBlackbox (Client) Library (SSLBBox~1.oca)

My Lic key is

ElSBLicenseManagerX1.SetLicenseKey ("DELETED")

Hopefully I do not need to rewrite entire code.. because this ShA2..

Thank you for your helps
Posted: 07/30/2016 00:48:07
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Please do not post you license key on forum as its public. I'll create a helpdesk ticket for you where you can clarify details about your license privately.
Posted: 07/30/2016 01:14:44

OK, waiting..
Posted: 07/30/2016 01:23:17

I am waiting for the instructions..
Posted: 07/30/2016 01:32:15

I did not get any instructions.. Am I missing anything?
Posted: 07/30/2016 01:40:48

Vsevolod Ievgiienko wrote:
Please do not post you license key on forum as its public. I'll create a helpdesk ticket for you where you can clarify details about your license privately.
O

OK Waiting
Posted: 07/30/2016 02:26:49
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Actually, you are using a very old version of ActiveX edition, and it has been discontinued completely 3 years ago. This means that there's no option to upgrade to newer version. We recommend everyone to migrate to .NET, VCL, C++ or Java edition depending on their development platform. We have no solutions for 20-year-old platforms like Visual Basic.

BTW /n software offers IPWorks SSH as ActiveX controls. Maybe that will work for you.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 07/30/2016 02:34:27

Eugene Mayevski wrote:
Actually, you are using a very old version of ActiveX edition, and it has been discontinued completely 3 years ago. This means that there's no option to upgrade to newer version. We recommend everyone to migrate to .NET, VCL, C++ or Java edition depending on their development platform. We have no solutions for 20-year-old platforms like Visual Basic.

BTW /n software offers IPWorks SSH as ActiveX controls. Maybe that will work for you.

I know it is old version but it is very handy tools, Can you provide IPworks SSH
detail ? where can I get it ?

Thanks
Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.

Statistics

Topic viewed 1577 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!