EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

UnknowCA (reason 32)

Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.
Posted: 07/22/2016 15:38:28
by Marcelo Vargas (Standard support level)

Hello, im trying to validate a certificate like this sample (\Sample\C#\PDFBlackBox\Processor\TinyProcessor), but, it's a web application. On my developer machine, in localhost, works great, because i have installed the CA certificates, but, when i put this web application on my web server on IIS, i received the message "unknowCA" with reason 32. I have installed the CA certificates on the server too, but does'nt works.

Who can help me??
Posted: 07/24/2016 20:19:10
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

You probably install your certificates into CurrentUser profile. The web server runs under the special user account. You need to
* either install the certificates into that user account,
* or install them to LocalMachine profile and also change your code a bit -- setup two instance of TElWinCertStorage to access LocalMachine profile, and add them to the validator using AddKnownCertificates and AddTrustedCertificates methods (for CA and Root storages accordingly).

You can also carry CA certificates with your application and load and use them from file. This would work if the root certificate is present on the target system.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 07/25/2016 08:57:43
by Marcelo Vargas (Standard support level)

Thanks for your answer Eugene.

I have installed the certificates as admin user. I have to log into the web server with another account?

Do you have a sample code that show how can i load and use the certificates from a file?

Topic viewed 436 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!