EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Documentation CalDAV-specific components

Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.
Posted: 07/07/2016 03:40:59
by Thomas Wessely (Basic support level)

Hi,
I'm using the WebDAV components, the server and client are working quite fine. But is there a complete documentation about the CalDAV components and classes available? In both chm-file and online all the "interesting things" about CalDAV are "under development"...
A HowTo-article especially for setting up a CalDAV Server for managing multiple users and caledar queries would also make my work going on...

Best Regards
Thomas
Posted: 07/07/2016 03:54:14
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

I’ve noticed there is no Support Access Ticket linked to your user account on EldoS site. Technical Support is provided to customers with the linked Support Access Ticket. You will find your Support Access Ticket together with all the details about how to use it in the registration e-mail that we’ve sent to you upon the purchase.

If you are evaluating the product and don't have a license yet, please let us know and then you can have support according to Basic support level. Basic support level includes answering basic technical questions that appear during product evaluation period. We also offer Premium support for a purchase from https://www.eldos.com/support/calc.php . You can use Premium Support to get higher level of assistance during your evaluation of our products.
Posted: 07/07/2016 04:15:47

Thats right, at current state we are testing the EldoS components, and have not purchased a license yet.
However, we are looking for a way to manage calendar dates, before we do this ;-)

Best Regards
Thomas
Posted: 07/07/2016 08:12:28

Currently CalDAV functionality is partialy implemented only on server side and was not fully tested yet.

To turn CalDAV support you should do next:

1) set TElWebDAVServer.CalDAVOptions.UseCalDAV to true
2) implement TElWebDAVServer.CalDAVOptions.OnCheckIfCalendar/OnSetAsCalendar event handlers.

OnCheckIfCalendar - checks if specified URL is a calendar object;
OnSetAsCalendar - marks specified URL as a calendar object (it may be a mark in the database of file system depending on your storage type).

Also you need to turn ACL support as described here: https://www.eldos.com/documentation/sb...erver.html
Posted: 07/08/2016 03:02:36

I'm using the TElDiskFileSystemAdapter with writing the attributes to an ini-file, like in the samples.
I managed to create a calendar collection, using the ElWebDAVServer.CreateCalendar procedure. The new entry is written to the ini-file, the event "OnSetAsCalendar" is fired. When setting "Success := True" in the event handler, the collection gets a new attribute in the ini-file, whichs marks the collection as a caledar: "calendar-description".

- One parameter of the OnSetAsCalendar-Event is "Principal:TElWebDAVPrincipal", other events have this parameter, too. Why is it always "nil"?
- Is it posible for the server itself, to check the presence of the attribute "calendar-description", or do I have to do it manually, by searching the ini-file?

- When executing the Client-Function "ListPrincipals", the server response is always "403 Forbidden", no matter if I created a list of principals and passed it to the server's property "<server>.ACLOptions.PrincipalBackend or not. Do you have any hint about that? Maybe I see more clear, once I have implemented all the ACL-Support Events...

- One parameter of the <server>.CreateCalendar procedure is "Owner:TElWebDAVPrincipal". Is it correct, that that the owner of the newly created calendar resource doesn't appear neither in the attributes file, nor in any property of the <server>?
Posted: 07/08/2016 03:41:21

One parameter of the OnSetAsCalendar-Event is "Principal:TElWebDAVPrincipal", other events have this parameter, too. Why is it always "nil"?

Most likely you didn't turn ACL on or didn't implement all ACL related events according to the tutorial.

- Is it posible for the server itself, to check the presence of the attribute "calendar-description", or do I have to do it manually, by searching the ini-file?

The presence of "calendar-description" doesn't guaranty that the collection is a calendar. Thats why additional events are needed to allow the developer to mark collections as calendars in appropriate way.

the server response is always "403 Forbidden"

Try to set Depth parameter of ListPrincipals method to TSBWebDAVDepth.wddZero.

If this doesn't help, you can dump data exchange using Wireshark or similar software to check what request results in 403.

And do not forget that

Currently CalDAV functionality is partialy implemented only on server side and was not fully tested yet.
Posted: 07/08/2016 03:49:03

Thanks a lot! With your input I can proceed my testing!
Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages

Statistics

Topic viewed 373 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!