EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Components not on tool palette

Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.
Posted: 07/06/2016 15:26:49
by Greg Reese (Basic support level)

I just downloaded the trial version of VCL SecureBlackBox for Berlin 10.1 . I ran the installer and there were no error reports. I made a test VCL program and displayed a form on the design tab. I went to add some SBB components from the tool palette but it has no EldoS components. If I go to Project|Options|Packages there are a bunch of EldoS design packages checked.

How do I get the SBB components to appear on the tool palette? I have C++ Builder, Berlin 10.1 on Windows 10.

Thank you.
Greg Reese
Posted: 07/06/2016 16:57:42
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for the report.

We have two sets of design-time packages - for Delphi and for C++Builder differently. It can happen, that for whatever reason Delphi packages were registered in the registry, and C++Builder ones have not been. You can check this by inspecting the names of the design-time packages that you see. They should be ...BBoxB24.bpl, rather than ...BBoxD24.bpl (B instead of D before the number).

Please let me know what you have there.

We will try to check the issue ourselves, but the outcome can be different from your situation, so it's important, to figure out, what's going on on your side.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 07/07/2016 14:40:35
by Greg Reese (Basic support level)

Hi,
All of the packages are *D24.bpl, not *B24.bpl ! There are no *B24.bpl files anywhere in the default installation hierarchy under C:\Program Files (x86)\EldoS
Greg Reese
Posted: 07/07/2016 21:02:28
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Most likely you have downloaded the installer for RAD Studio 10.1 Delphi, not C++Builder. We have separate installers on the site for Delphi and C++Builder (due to the enormous size of each package). Please just pick the correct one from https://www.eldos.com/sbb/download-release.php

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Statistics

Topic viewed 372 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!