EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Can't List GoogleDrive Folder after have trashed a file.

Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.
Posted: 06/24/2016 11:16:22
by Paolo Righi (Standard support level)

Dear Support,

I'm testing the FileTrash and FileUntrash functions of TElGoogleDriveDataStorage.
They work as expected, but after the execution I can't call the List function again without getting the error:
"Google Drive server reports the following error. Code: conditionNotMet; Description: Precondition Failed".
Neither the sequence Disconnect/Connect solves the problem.
I modified the Example project.
What should I do after a File(Un)Trash call so to call List again to refresh the listed items?
I can't find any information about such functions in the on-line reference.

Thank you.

Paolo Righi.
C.H. Ostfeld
Posted: 06/24/2016 11:34:49
by Alexander Ionov (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for the question.

Unfortunately, it's not clear from your message what object you're trashing/untrashing (a file or a folder?) and which folder you attempt to list after that (what relation it has to the trashed/untrashed object?)

Some information is available in the how-to articles at:
https://www.eldos.com/documentation/sb...older.html
and at
https://www.eldos.com/documentation/sb...efile.html

--
Best regards,
Alexander Ionov
Posted: 06/27/2016 05:27:40

Dear Alexander,

I made my trials on the root folder of GoogleDrive. I Trashed a file and then I asked for the List of the root folder. Nothing more.

Best regards,

Paolo Righi.
Posted: 06/27/2016 05:40:48

Hi,

I forgot to specify that I'm using Version 14.0.292, if the problem has been solved in a more recent version, then, please, make it available in the "My downloads" of my account. Thanks.

Paolo Righi.
Posted: 06/27/2016 06:04:27

Thank you for the details.

We'll try to reproduce the issue on our side and will let you know as soon as we have any news.

--
Best regards,
Alexander Ionov
Posted: 06/28/2016 13:20:04

Well, we've found an fixed the bug.

Unfortunately, it is too late for the fix to get to SecureBlackbox 15 release. So, the fix will be available in the next build.

In the meanwhile, it's needed to clean up one property after certain operations (one of which is object trashing). After you've trashed a file or a folder, please insert the following line (Pascal):
Code
GoogleDrive.HTTPClient.RequestParameters.IfMatch := '';

or (C#)
Code
GoogleDrive.HTTPClient.RequestParameters.IfMatch = String.Empty;

Thank you very much for the found bug.

--
Best regards,
Alexander Ionov
Posted: 06/28/2016 15:31:02

BTW, there is a better way available: add the mentioned line of code to the handler of TElHTTPSClient.OnReceivingHeaders event. This will clean up the property after each response received.

--
Best regards,
Alexander Ionov
Posted: 08/09/2016 03:19:34

Hi Alexander,

sorry for being late, but I tried your suggested workaround and it doesn't work.

Best Regards.
Paolo Righi.
Posted: 08/10/2016 07:50:38

Thank you for the notice.

Could you please clarify which workaround did you try? Did you apply it after the trash operation or did you create the event handler?

Also please consider to update to the latest SecureBlackbox 15 build as it doesn't have this problem anymore and doesn't need any workaround to be applied.

--
Best regards,
Alexander Ionov
Posted: 08/10/2016 08:26:25

Hi Alexander,

I tested the version with the event handler.
I then tried the other version and I found out that it works.
I think I will insert the statement in the SBB TElGoogleDriveDataStorage.Filetrash
and TElGoogleDriveDataStorage.FileUntrash source itself in a try finally construct.
Thanks.

Best Regards.
Paolo Righi.
Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.

Statistics

Topic viewed 1116 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!