EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

API quality and readability

Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.
Posted: 06/14/2016 09:03:37
by Maciej W (Basic support level)
I playing with XML signing API and it is horrible, internals are leaking to public contract, on the other hand constants with error codes and flags are internal, it is lacking of encapsulation, I can call parameterless method or constructor and receive null reference exception, because of something I did not set some magic public props in right order on random classes... guys seriously... you can do better. or hire me:)
Posted: 06/15/2016 03:45:39
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for the post. We are sorry that you have such experience with SecureBlackbox. The documentation lags behind, but we are improving it these days. Version 15 release will include all declarations in place (although not described).

As for stability - the GIGO principle was never cancelled, you know. We assume the sane developer that doesn't, for example, pass null in the parameter, when s/he doesn't know what to pass.
Still, parameter validation can always be improved and we will work on this for the future versions. If you have particular examples of what un-initialized properties or parameters cause NullPointerException, you are are welcome to report them - such report will greatly help us identify the classes of problems that you experience.

Thank you again for your report.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Statistics

Topic viewed 597 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!