EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Replacement to TelSimpleSSHClient.CommandCompleted

Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages
Posted: 06/09/2016 16:14:48
by Michael Lovett (Standard support level)

Hi there
I'm attempting to use a newer 14.x version of SBB as a replacement for an older 10.x version and my code is not compiling, the compiler complaint is that TelSimpleSSHClient doesn't contain a definition for the CommandCompleted property.

I assume at some point this property went away?? What's the recommended replacement?

I was checking CommandCompleted after executing TelSimpleSSHClient.ExecuteCommand..

Posted: 06/10/2016 04:33:15
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Hi Michael,

Thank you for contacting us.

That may sound bizarre, but as per our records (and to the best of my memory), TElSimpleSSHClient has never published a property with the CommandCompleted name. Could it be that you had been provided with some private or customised build of SecureBlackbox where that property was added for you?

Could you please let me know what exactly is the purpose of that property in your code?

Posted: 06/13/2016 13:07:42
by Michael Lovett (Standard support level)

Well it's been a few years for me too.

Here's a thread from a few years ago where Eldos was discussing the use of CommandCompleted with me: https://www.eldos.com/forum/read.php?PAGEN_1=2&TID=4375

Here's a snippet of code we had in place:
try {
     stdout = Ssh.ExecuteCommand(remoteCommand, ref stderr);
     // once a connection is established, ExecuteCommand does not throw excecptions when problems occur. One must check the CommandCompleted flag if one wants to check the final status of the operation
     if (!Ssh.CommandCompleted) {
          throw new EldosCommandDidntCompleteException("Remote command did not complete for unknown reason");
finally {

So basically now I'm starting to use the 14.x version of your library and there is no CommandCompleted and I'm wondering what the equivalent approach should be for sensing errors that occured during ExecuteCommand? Using OnError is not really very useful in constructs like the above..

It is possible that I was given a custom version of the black box library as the .dll is named "SecureBlackbox.GlobalChrome.dll" which doesn't sound like a named you'd use for a general release of a library..

Posted: 06/13/2016 13:37:26
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

It's a disappointing case when you've got the custom build of the assembly, and the property didn't get into production at all. However, there were many changes made since version 10, the custom build of which you had. It's possible that the property is not relevant anymore with version 14. It would be great if you could check the new version without this property to see, if the original problem, discussed in your HelpDesk ticket #22638, re-appears now without that property.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Topic viewed 931 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!