EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Error When Open SSL Connection using TElSMTPClient (ref_cl_smtpclient_mtd_open.xml)

Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.
Posted: 06/05/2016 12:19:07
by Wisnu Widiarta (Basic support level)

Hi All,

My name is Wisnu. I am currently evaluating TElSMTPClient before deciding to purchase.

I have configured my email account using Outlook, and trying to send a simple email from Delphi.

The configuration is below:
Port : 465
Encryption : SSL

In my code, beside address, port, username, and password I set:

smtp.UseSSL := True;

try
smtp.Open; //Error here
smtp.Login(smtp.Address);
Sleep(1000);
smtp.Close;
except
on E: Exception do
mmLog.Lines.Add('Error : ' + E.Message);
end;

The error:
Certificate validation handler is not assigned. Please handle the OnCertificateValidate event and implement proper certificate validation code there.

I don't know how to handle the event. Any source I can read?
Posted: 06/05/2016 15:50:11
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for your interest in our products.

There are plenty of samples available in {SecureBlackbox}\Samples directory. All of HTTPS, SSL- and Mail-related samples include certificate validation in place. You can copy the code from there.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 06/08/2016 01:08:46
by Wisnu Widiarta (Basic support level)

Eugene Mayevski wrote:
Thank you for your interest in our products.

There are plenty of samples available in {SecureBlackbox}\Samples directory. All of HTTPS, SSL- and Mail-related samples include certificate validation in place. You can copy the code from there.

Hi Eugene,

Is there any explanation somewhere for the code in the sample?
I have successfully sent a test email to my SSL SMTP account.
I just want to know why the code is like that and other option as well.
Posted: 06/08/2016 08:58:48
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

The code was designed to be pretty much self-explaining, we are sorry if it's not. Is there any particular topics or code pieces you are interested in?
Posted: 06/08/2016 10:07:16
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Actually, there are extensive how-to articles in the help file, which is installed on your disk and also is available online on the site.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.

Statistics

Topic viewed 1096 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!