EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Error When Open SSL Connection using TElSMTPClient (ref_cl_smtpclient_mtd_open.xml)

Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.
Posted: 06/05/2016 12:19:07
by Wisnu Widiarta (Basic support level)

Hi All,

My name is Wisnu. I am currently evaluating TElSMTPClient before deciding to purchase.

I have configured my email account using Outlook, and trying to send a simple email from Delphi.

The configuration is below:
Port : 465
Encryption : SSL

In my code, beside address, port, username, and password I set:

smtp.UseSSL := True;

try
smtp.Open; //Error here
smtp.Login(smtp.Address);
Sleep(1000);
smtp.Close;
except
on E: Exception do
mmLog.Lines.Add('Error : ' + E.Message);
end;

The error:
Certificate validation handler is not assigned. Please handle the OnCertificateValidate event and implement proper certificate validation code there.

I don't know how to handle the event. Any source I can read?
Posted: 06/05/2016 15:50:11
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for your interest in our products.

There are plenty of samples available in {SecureBlackbox}\Samples directory. All of HTTPS, SSL- and Mail-related samples include certificate validation in place. You can copy the code from there.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 06/08/2016 01:08:46
by Wisnu Widiarta (Basic support level)

Eugene Mayevski wrote:
Thank you for your interest in our products.

There are plenty of samples available in {SecureBlackbox}\Samples directory. All of HTTPS, SSL- and Mail-related samples include certificate validation in place. You can copy the code from there.

Hi Eugene,

Is there any explanation somewhere for the code in the sample?
I have successfully sent a test email to my SSL SMTP account.
I just want to know why the code is like that and other option as well.
Posted: 06/08/2016 08:58:48
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

The code was designed to be pretty much self-explaining, we are sorry if it's not. Is there any particular topics or code pieces you are interested in?
Posted: 06/08/2016 10:07:16
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Actually, there are extensive how-to articles in the help file, which is installed on your disk and also is available online on the site.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.

Statistics

Topic viewed 1084 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!