EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

SSL, pre-defined server configurations

Also by EldoS: CallbackProcess
A component to control process creation and termination in Windows and .NET applications.
Posted: 06/05/2016 10:45:34
by Pascal Coenen (Standard support level)

Dear Support,

I've found the following information in the changes.txt:

Version 14.0.292. Maintenance update.
+ [All] (SSL) Introduced several pre-defined server configurations for different interoperability scenarios (strong, compatible, old)

I've installed this version but I can find this property. I would like to use this with the Eldos HTTPS Client.

Can you give me a hint.

Regards,
Pascal
Posted: 06/05/2016 15:49:01
by Charles DeWeese (Standard support level)

I believe this is referring specifically to "server configurations" and if my understanding is correct would imply that this is a feature added to TElSSLServer and components that inherit from it.
Posted: 06/06/2016 00:46:49
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Hi Pascal,

Charles is correct here - the changes.txt line you referenced concerns the server-side components. As for the client-side components, we always aim to tune them up in such way that their default configuration provides maximized compatibility with minimal (if not none) security trade-offs.

Could you please let me know what exactly your scenario is so we can recommend you an alternative approach?

Ken
Posted: 06/06/2016 12:55:39
by Pascal Coenen (Standard support level)

Hi Ken,

Ok, I misunderstood this.

The reason I asked is, I'm using the TElAWSS3Datastorage client component and I have a user that is getting the following error when trying to connect:

"Connection lost (error code is 100353)"

S3 Region = ap-southeast-2

I've searched the Eldos forum (error 100353) and found some info about SSL type of security. I was thinking in this direction and after reading the changes.txt I thought maybe this could help.

Regards,
Pascal

Statistics

Topic viewed 966 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!