EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

SecureBlackBox_PKCS11Proxy.dll import into .NET solution

Also by EldoS: CallbackRegistry
A component to monitor and control Windows registry access and create virtual registry keys.
Posted: 05/25/2016 04:09:04
by Paolo  (Standard support level)

Hi all with a new project!

I have to work again with certificate but this time with a Token USB and need to ship PKCS#11 DLL.

Actually my first problem is to reference the dll (write into the topic Title) give me an error from Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 : "Verify that the file is accessible and assembly or COM component is valid".

At the moment I have a installation, and grabbed the dll from

C:\Program Files (x86)\EldoS\SecureBlackbox.NET\Extra\PKCS11ProxyDLL\x64

or from a local copy into another folder but does not work.

What am I doing wrong? Is this the right .DLL to work with for my porpouse?

Thanks all.
Posted: 05/25/2016 04:23:31
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

This DLL is unmanaged, it cannot be referenced. You just put it near your application's EXE file (to the same directory).

Please note that PKCS11 requires a license for PKIBlackbox package or any "combined" package, which includes PKIBlackbox.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 05/25/2016 04:27:09

Fine, thanks Eugene.

Yeah, I know I still need a License. In the meanwhile I have request an extension of Trial license (if is still possible) to work with if this component work well with what I really need.

Posted: 05/25/2016 07:30:26

Hi Eugene,

now I have a Trial Lic. Key to try new features of PKCS.

I'm following this guide

to start initial login operation but I have a reference problem (NOT from the _proxy.dll one that I asked you before.)

I attach you a ss of Visual Studio error tab. The weird thing that I notice is that the PublicKeyToken of the same required .dll is different between the same methods.

in this screenshot I have voluntarily removed the reference from SecureBlackBox.dll to show you the error.

If I add it, error at line 24 disappear but not the first 2 one. Of course this is a snapshot of a much more error's list that occurs when I remove that reference.

What I missing?

Posted: 05/26/2016 04:39:21
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Looks like you have a reference to assemblies with SpecificVersion attribute set. Then the compiler picks different set of assemblies (probably the one copied by the IDE to obj\Debug directory of your project) and you get an error.

In general this kind of errors is very hard to address remotely as they are specific to your project and computer. You need to check and remove all SecureBlackbox assemblies from obj\Debug, bin\Debug, obj\Release and bin\Release directories, then remove and re-add references to SecureBlackbox assemblies in your project.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 05/26/2016 09:17:53

Thanks Eugene for response. Actually the one you post is the exact operation's path that I follow yesterday and correctly solved the problem.

Also by EldoS: Callback File System
Create virtual file systems and disks, expose and manage remote data as if they were files on the local disk.

Topic viewed 1575 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!