EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

OnEncrypted event never fires off for signed and encrypted file

Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.
Posted: 05/23/2016 17:18:45
by Travis Mathison (Priority Standard support level)

I have a situation with the incoming files of one of our clients where their signed and encrypted files coming into us do not fire off the OnEncrypted event when we call DecryptAndVerify. The OnSignatures event fires off properly. The encrypted file in question was both signed and encrypted and DecryptAndVerify properly decrypts the file (not a case of it being encrypted then then signed as a second operation).

We haven't seen this for any other incoming file and I need to capture the keyID from that event. Currently, after the decryption takes place I still don't know which public key of ours they used for encryption so I have to loop through all our keys until I can find the correct private/public keypair that matches (essentially brute forcing through to get the answer which is not optimal).

I couldn't find any other issues on the forum as to reasons why the OnEncrypted event would not fire even though it decrypts the file properly. Any ideas? Anybody else seen this before?
Posted: 05/24/2016 04:21:04
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Hi Travis,

Thank you for contacting us.

This sounds weird - I can't imagine a situation where OnEncrypted is not fired off, yet the file still can be decrypted if the proper key pair is provided. Would it be possible for you to send us a sample encrypted file which would illustrate the issue? You can do that via our help desk, which is secure and private. You don't need to provide the keys, as the issue apparently happens before the decryption starts.

Ken
Posted: 05/24/2016 12:51:14
by Travis Mathison (Priority Standard support level)

Thanks, I will get a test file from the customer and start up a HelpDesk ticket to have you guys look at it.

Thanks!

Statistics

Topic viewed 971 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!