EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Compile in Windows Server 2012 R2 x64 version

Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.
Posted: 05/15/2016 03:56:06
by Luis Pardo (Basic support level)

I have evaluated BlackBox on windows 7 and windows 10 machines and everything works find. But I have moved to a Windows Server 2012 R2 machine and I have got problems when I generate the app for x64 (ia32 works fine). When I try to get certificate list from windows storage the program exists inmmediatly. Here is the code that fails, bit it works when I compile in my windows 10 machine, or in this windows server when I get the 32 bits app version.

TElWinCertStorage WinCertStorage(NULL);  
Local<Array> certsArray = Array::New(isolate, WinCertStorage.get_Count());

for (int i = 0; i < WinCertStorage.get_Count(); i++) {
  TElX509Certificate *pCert = WinCertStorage.get_Certificates(i);

I generate de Wrapped lib with:

Makefile.cmd vc x86_amd64

Do you know if there is a drawback generating eldos library in Windows Server 2012 R2?

PS. I am suing visual studio express 2013.
Posted: 05/15/2016 05:04:33
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for the report.

What happens if you compile the application on Windows 10 for 64-bit target, and then run it on Windows Server 2012 R2? If you didn't test this combination yet, please do this. The outcome will tell you whether the problem is with the compilation or with the execution on the Windows Server.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 05/15/2016 07:36:51
by Luis Pardo (Basic support level)

Yes, version compiled in windows 7 or windows 10 can run on Windows Server. And version compiled in Windows Server does not run in any windows (server/7/10).
Posted: 05/15/2016 09:33:10
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for checking.

In this situation SecureBlackbox is pure data, processed by the compiler. Obviously, something is wrong with the compilation itself. Unfortunately it's not possible to determine, what it is, remotely. It is possible, that you have compiled the library for a different target on the server, and this causes a conflict between the library settings and application settings. In general, letting you build the library for your target (to match the application settings) is the reason why we distribute the source code of the wrappers and offer customers to build the library for your specific needs.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Topic viewed 1147 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!