EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

WebDAV Windows 7

Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.
Posted: 05/05/2016 10:30:57
by Pascal Coenen (Standard support level)

I've enabled WebDav IIS on my Windows 7 PC. Now trying to connect using the WebDavClient.exe from the Eldos Samples. It's returning error code 401. It works when using google chrome so the WebDAV server is ok.

Using Version 14.0.286.

The same WebDavClient.exe connects fine to a MAC OS WebDAV server. Do I need to do something special with Windows WebDAB.

Regards,
Pascal
Posted: 05/05/2016 10:35:47
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

401 code stands for "Unauthorized request". You should specify login credentials to access the server. This can be done using TElWebDAVClient.HTTPSWebDAVClient.RequestParameters.Username/Password properties.
Posted: 05/05/2016 11:11:02

Ok I'm using no code, just the WebDavClient.exe (from the Eldos Samples folder). Ok I'v added anonymous as user name (no password). Now I get 403. Strange is that I can browse the wedDAV using Chrome. So I think it's also using Anonymous. I've setup the WebDAV server in W7 to allow this.
Posted: 05/06/2016 03:45:38
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

403 code stands for "Forbidden request".

Strange is that I can browse the wedDAV using Chrome

As far as I know Chrome doesn't support WebDAV, so if you are able to browse something this is done via HTTP protocol, so its possible that HTTP is allowed, but WebDAV is forbidden. I recommend you to download some thirdparty WebDAV client to make sure that server is configured incorrectly.
Posted: 05/06/2016 09:44:40

... do I feel stupid. It took me quite a while to get WebDAV running in Windows 7. I don't understand why do have to make the setup of IIs so complicated. I can connect know using a thirdparty tool. I'll try now with the sample from Eldos.

Thanks,
Pascal
Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.

Statistics

Topic viewed 1311 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!