EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Keep-alive HTTPS connection

Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.
Posted: 07/25/2007 04:57:51
by Quido Evers (Basic support level)

I'm evaluating SecureBlackbox in a proof-of-concept project and I hope someone can help me with the following problem.

I'm trying to create a connection to a (custom) HTTPS server. I want to open a connection (once) and then pass multiple requests over the same connection. I know I need a keep-alive connection, but I cannot figure out which component is best fitted for this purpose.

In pseudo-code:

Socket.Send("GET / HTTP/1.1\r\n\r\n");
Socker.Send("GET /OtherRequest HTTP/1.1\r\n\r\n");
// etc.

Thank you for you assistance.

Quido Evers

PS: I'm using the .NET Compact Framework 2.0 in Visual Studio Orcas (or VS 2005 if I can't get Orcas to work)
Posted: 07/25/2007 06:27:00
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

If you want to implement HTTP part yourself, than you can use ElClientSSLSocket class in .NET. It will provide you with transparent SSL layer.

Alternatively you can use ElHTTPSClient component and it will do everything for you.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 07/25/2007 10:05:12
by Quido Evers (Basic support level)

Is it possible to generate more than 1 request over the same connection with TElHTTPSClient? I could only find a way to use TElHTTPSClient to get 1 "page". I need a keep-alive connection.

Is there a sample project for this (probably, but which one...;) ?

Posted: 07/25/2007 11:08:16

ElHTTPSClient has PreferKeepAlive property which tells the component to keep the connection (if possible)until it's closed (using CancelRequest method) or until you send a request to a different host.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 03/03/2009 16:56:08
by Mark Bogan (Basic support level)

I am attempting to do the same bit as the requester above.

Is there a sample app that shows where and how to layout an HTTPS/SSL client that maintains the session between calls?

Posted: 03/03/2009 22:59:52

What exactly problem are you having?

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 09/24/2010 03:50:59
by Madhan Malai (Basic support level)

I am using delphi 7 and how to call web server interface (which is centralised) using TElHTTPSClient component in secure black box and i am having wsdl file also
Pls provide sample code or Any other component will support in secureblack box.
Note : i am getting error as 'connection failed due to error(73729)'
Also by EldoS: CallbackRegistry
A component to monitor and control Windows registry access and create virtual registry keys.

Topic viewed 2326 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!