EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Decryption of Encrypted Email through MIMEBlackbox

Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.
Posted: 04/01/2016 03:46:07
by Ravikant Sharma (Basic support level)

Dear Team,

Could you please let me know how we can Decrypt encrypted email through MIMEBlack, what would be the process, how receiver use their private key/certificate to Decrypt the mail.

Would appreciate if you can share steps or any document with details so that i follow and do the same, i checked but no details found.

Regards,
Ravi
Posted: 04/01/2016 04:01:20
by Alexander Ionov (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

There is a sample called "SecureMail" available in the distribution. It shows all the security operations - encryption, decryption, signing and verifying of mail messages.

--
Best regards,
Alexander Ionov
Posted: 04/14/2016 02:20:56

Dear Alexander,

I tried that solution but it required certificate(.cer) file and its corresponding private key.

Could you please let me know from where i get these files, i also tried PGPKeysDemo solution but its only generating key rings.

Please advise.

Regards,
Ravi
Posted: 04/14/2016 04:10:01

There are 2 technologies used to secure e-mail messages: S/MIME (based on X.509 certificates) and PGP/MIME (based on PGP keys). Both technologies are supported by MIMEBlackbox and both are shown in the SecureMail sample.

To decrypt a S/MIME message, it's needed to provide the X.509 certificate (usually stored in a CER/PEM/PFX file) used to encrypt the message and the corresponding private key (it can be stored separately or in the same PEM/PFX file).

To decrypt a PGP/MIME message, it's needed to provide the keyring which contains the public key used to encrypt the message and the corresponding secret key.

--
Best regards,
Alexander Ionov
Posted: 04/14/2016 05:18:20

Dear Alexander,

Thanks for the details, but my question was:

Just like key rings there is a PGPKeyDemo solution to generate key rings(public and secure) similarly is there any other solution to generate certificate(.cer) file and its corresponding private key so that i can use to encrypt and decrypt emails.

Regards,
Ravi
Posted: 04/14/2016 05:43:32

You didn't say that you want to generate certificates. Usualy, certificates are delivered by Certificate Authority companies, such as VeriSign.

But if you want to generate your own, self-signed certificates, there are PKIBlackbox\Certificates and PKIBlackbox\CertificatesWithGenerator samples available in the distribution.

Also, please take a look at the follwing how-to article: https://www.eldos.com/documentation/sb...igned.html

--
Best regards,
Alexander Ionov
Also by EldoS: CallbackProcess
A component to control process creation and termination in Windows and .NET applications.

Statistics

Topic viewed 1404 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!