EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

pdf/txt and Email encryption and generate key pairs

Also by EldoS: RawDisk
Access locked and protected files in Windows, read and write disks and partitions and more.
Posted: 03/30/2016 10:12:56
by Ravikant Sharma (Basic support level)

Dear Team,

I have below requirement and need your advice.

1)My Application should encrypt file with receiver’s public key, so receiver’s public key required for encryption in application.What is the steps.

2)Receiver will decrypt it with their private key.

3)How many keys i required and from where i can get it, what key i have to share to user to decrypt

4)Can user add their private key in OpenPGP desktop S/W for pdf/txt file and in Outlook for mail decryption.

Appreciate your soonest reply.

Regards,
Ravi
Posted: 03/30/2016 10:44:26
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Ravikant Sharma wrote:
1)My Application should encrypt file with receiver’s public key, so receiver’s public key required for encryption in application.What is the steps.

Please see the how-to articles on https://www.eldos.com/documentation/sb...files.html . They describe, what should be done. We also have extensive samples in SecureBlackbox\Samples\language\OpenPGPBlackbox directory

Ravikant Sharma wrote:
3)How many keys i required and from where i can get it, what key i have to share to user to decrypt

It's the user that creates his own keypair and gives you the public key of his keypair. You use this public key to encrypt the file with it.

Keys can be generated by some software. SecureBlackbox is also capable of generating OpenPGP keys. There are samples to do this , and there are How-to articles in the documentation about this as well.

Ravikant Sharma wrote:
Can user add their private key in OpenPGP desktop S/W for pdf/txt file and in Outlook for mail decryption.

Yes, the user's OpenPGP key can be added to OpenPGP Desktop software.

Outlook doesn't support OpenPGP encryption without plugins.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Statistics

Topic viewed 1123 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!