EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Use MIMEBlack with SharePoint SPUtility.SendEmail() (ref_cl_message.xml)

Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.
Posted: 03/29/2016 23:39:40
by Ravikant Sharma (Basic support level)

Dear Team,

In my c#.net solution(SharePoint webpart) i have to send Encrypted mails with attachment.I want to use MIMEBlackbox and need technical advice how to use this to send encrypted emails with attachment by using SharePoint SPUtility.SendEmail() method.

Appreciate if you could give me some steps so that i can follow the same.Also what needs to be done from receiver side to decrypt and read the mail.

Regards,
Ravi
Posted: 03/30/2016 02:52:13
by Alexander Ionov (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

Ravikant Sharma wrote:
I want to use MIMEBlackbox and need technical advice how to use this to send encrypted emails with attachment

The simplest way to create such messages is to use the TElSimpleSMIMEMessage class. There is a how-to article which describes this: https://www.eldos.com/documentation/sb...smime.html

Ravikant Sharma wrote:
using SharePoint SPUtility.SendEmail() method

As far as I can see, there is an ability to call this method with prepared message header and message body provided. So, there should be no problem to store your message to a temporary stream with TElSimpleSMIMEMessage class and then call SendMail method and pass the header and the body read from the stream separately.

Ravikant Sharma wrote:
Also what needs to be done from receiver side to decrypt and read the mail.

Generally, this task is much more complex than generating messages. But if you need to read only messages generated by your code (with known parts structure), this simplifies the task.

--
Best regards,
Alexander Ionov
Posted: 04/02/2016 12:31:52
by Ravikant Sharma (Basic support level)

Dear

Could you please provide more details on TElSimpleSMIMEMessage.EncryptCertStorage class:

Below is the details which i need clarification:

1) How i can get this certificate to encrypt,is it public key certificate of receiver ?
2) How i can load this certificate from file location
3) How receiver will decrypt the email , by which certificate,how i can get this certificate to share with receiver .

Regards,
Ravi
Posted: 04/02/2016 12:48:16
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Ravikant Sharma wrote:
1) How i can get this certificate to encrypt,is it public key certificate of receiver ?

Yes, this is the certificate of the receiver. It's up to you how you obtain this certificate - as an option, the receiver can send you the email signed with this certificate, or just send you the certificate in an attachment.

Ravikant Sharma wrote:
How i can load this certificate from file location

Use one of TElX509Certificate.LoadFrom*() methods. Please refer to the samples (we have plenty of them) in SecureBlackbox\Samples directory.

Ravikant Sharma wrote:
3) How receiver will decrypt the email , by which certificate,how i can get this certificate to share with receiver .

Such broad question can't be answered within a forum message. We recommend a couple of books on PKI to read ( https://www.eldos.com/forum/read.php?FID=7&TID=1842 ).

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Statistics

Topic viewed 1050 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!