EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

FTP error 551

Also by EldoS: CallbackRegistry
A component to monitor and control Windows registry access and create virtual registry keys.
Posted: 03/16/2016 16:42:18
by Andre Paradis (Standard support level)

I have written a application that downloads and uploads files from a regular ftp server every 20 minutes. The files range from 0-50 Mb

AFter a few days of operation , I get a FTP 551 error

I know this is a clear reply from the server, refusing the request and aborting the transfer.

A 551 reply code may be sent in response to any command requiring the server to store information locally. It is a permanent negative reply, which means the client is discouraged from sending the command again since the server will respond with the same reply code. It is only applicable when the page file structure is being used (through a "STRU P" command).

Is there any property in simple FTPS client that could be related ?

thank you

Posted: 03/16/2016 16:51:25
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

We don't use STRU P command, so it's not clear why the server would return such response. I think it's better to ask server developers about this -- they should know why the server returns the response that it should not send according to the standard.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Topic viewed 1402 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!