EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

System assigned local tunnel port number

Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.
Posted: 07/20/2007 08:44:34
by Charles Steaderman (Basic support level)

I am using SBB V5 within my application to create a tunnel in order to encrypt a SQL Server connection. In order to avoid error checking the possibility of a hardcoded local port number already being in use, I would like to allow the OS to assign my local listening port. I have used the Simple Local Port Forwarding demo to accomplish this by setting up my tunnel and specifying port '0' as my forwarded port. By using Sysinternals Process Explorer, I can see that the application is listening on an unused port number (e.g. 1094) to which I can open and connect to the remote server. The problem is that I cannot seem to get the OS assigned port number of the tunnel. If I inspect the TElSSHLocalPortForwarding variable, the port number is '0' as I specified before the Open call, not the actually created socket's port number. Is there another SSH class that I could use to create the tunnel that will expose the underlying socket so that I can connect to the dynamically created port?

Thanks,
- Charlie
Posted: 07/20/2007 09:39:36
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

There's no such way at the moment. I've added an item to ToDo list to expose the bound port number value.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Statistics

Topic viewed 1486 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!