EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Upload Big Files to OneDrive in chunks (or blocks)

Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.
Posted: 03/02/2016 09:33:28
by Jaume Milián (Basic support level)

Hello,

I'm new here, and I'm just analyzing if SecureBlackBox library fits in our organization for one project that we are currently developing.

I've been trying the Demo's that you have and I'm not able to upload a File to OneDrive writing in chunks (or in blocks)

The only way that I see is to write the full file in one attempt
So, is it possible to do it in several chunks?
I've tried to use the method "WriteBlock" for OneDrive DataStorage but I get the error that I can not use writeBlock in this case:

(_DataStorage as TElOneDriveDataStorage).WriteBlock(...)

We need to upload big files to different providers (starting by OneDrive), and we need to know if is possible to do it using SecureBlackBox Library.

Regards,
Jaume
Posted: 03/02/2016 09:50:16
by Alexander Ionov (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

Chunks in OneDriveDataStorage are handled automatically. You're able to set ChunkedUploadThreshold (if a file is greater thant the specified size, it's transfered in chunks) and ChunkedUploadChunkSize properties. Then you should call the Write method. If the connection is dropped during transfer, you should call the Write method again for the same instance of TElOneDriveFile object, and the transfer will be restarted automatically from the chunk next to the last one successfully uploaded.

Unfortunately, most of cloud services don't allow to upload files partially. That's why the WriteBlock method doesn't work.

--
Best regards,
Alexander Ionov
Posted: 03/04/2016 04:26:04
by Jaume Milián (Basic support level)

Thankyou for you quick answer,

The "problem" that we have is that our web application will be the bridge between client and OneDrive (in this case), so we want to manage ourselves the ability to upload chunk by chunk to OneDrive

Regards,
Jaume
Posted: 03/04/2016 04:48:46
by Alexander Ionov (EldoS Corp.)

Unfortunately, in this case, CloudBlackbox is not suitable for you by now.
We are sorry about this.

--
Best regards,
Alexander Ionov

Statistics

Topic viewed 1054 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!