EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

SAOP based server

Also by EldoS: CallbackRegistry
A component to monitor and control Windows registry access and create virtual registry keys.
Posted: 03/02/2016 04:52:59
by Robert Stok (Basic support level)

Hi,

Our company is maintaining .net c# applications which provide WCF SOAP based services over https to clients. Applications are running standalone on windows XP platform.
The customer now want us to switch to TLS 1.2 protocol, but as we are limited to Windows XP we cannot upgrade .net framework to v4.5 which supports TLS 1.2
So we are now evaluating your product to see if it is possible to use it as a workaround.
Please can you tell me is it supported by SecureBlackBox to create SOAP service, and if yes do you have an example how it can be done.
In installed examples I can find 'SOAP client' sample but no server sample
As additional information, we are using security mode "Transport" in our implementation.

Thanks in advance,
Robert
Posted: 03/02/2016 05:20:09
by Dmytro Bogatskyy (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us,

Please can you tell me is it supported by SecureBlackBox to create SOAP service, and if yes do you have an example how it can be done
In installed examples I can find 'SOAP client' sample but no server sample

There is no such sample at the moment. However, the SOAP server could be implemented by combining TElHTTPSServer component and TElXMLSOAPMessage component. With TElHTTPSServer component you can handle requests to the server, please refer to C#\HTTPBlackbox\Desktop\Server\HTTPServer sample, and using TElXMLSOAPMessage component you can parse and create SOAP messages.
Posted: 03/02/2016 07:14:34
by Robert Stok (Basic support level)

Thank you very much for fast reply and for the provided hints.
I will try it out and see how it works

Regards,
Robert

Statistics

Topic viewed 1377 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!