EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

TElHTTPSClient.GET(localhost) - Connection lost (error code is 100353)

Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.
Posted: 03/01/2016 08:22:43
by Oleg Toyter (Standard support level)

I also tried 'telnet localhost 80' from cmd and it connects properly.
Posted: 03/01/2016 08:24:47
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Both of those events are related to SSL/TLS level, and you have a problem on the socket level, which is reported differently (and anyway you are trying to connect with HTTP, not HTTPS).

I welcome you to try to change the KeepAlivePolicy property to various values and see if there's any effect there. It's very likely that the server doesn't like some particular header value in the request, and here we can only go trial -and-error way, especially as the issue is specific to one exact computer.

And I also believe that the firewall affects the behavior somehow.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 03/01/2016 08:38:37
by Oleg Toyter (Standard support level)

i'm not sure the problem is on the socket level because the snippet of code you gave me using TElSocket works fine and connects to localhost:80 with no problem.

I played with KeepAlivePolicy but it doesn't help.
Also my firewall is fully disabled.

I'm running windows 7 and IIS 6.1 SP1, if that is related.
Posted: 03/01/2016 09:15:00
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Oleg -

OK, let's try to employ TeamViewer. I believe we'd better continue the discussion in Helpdesk not to share your information with the world. I've created a ticket for you.

Ken
Posted: 03/01/2016 09:19:24
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Right, on the TCP level connection goes. On HTTP level it doesn't, probably due to some misbehavior or the HTTP server on your computer.

There are several more checks that you can do to narrow down the problem :

1) Did you try to check from some other computer to the server on your computer? Did this work?
2) Did you try connecting not to localhost but to real IP address or host name? You see, neither localhost nor 127.0.0.1 are "real" network interfaces, and in many aspects they behave differently from the real network interfaces. So it's important to check the real addresses as well.

Also, please see Ken's reply above.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.

Statistics

Topic viewed 5420 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!