EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Amazon S3 error creating bucket on us-east-1 (N. Virginia) region

Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.
Posted: 02/26/2016 06:25:11
by ntr1 (Standard support level)

my CloubBlackbox version is the 14.

Trying to create a bucket to the awsStandardRegion, that is us-east-1 (renamed N. Virginia by Amazon now), I'm now getting this error:

HTTP request failed with code 400, message is Bad Request InvalidLocationConstraint

It seems the component is not able to pass the correct region id. Can you please try to reproduce this problem and confirm is a bug? How can we fix it quickly?

Changing the region, it works.
Posted: 02/26/2016 06:44:57
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

There have been several changes in S3 infrastructure recently. We always try to do our best to keep SBB up-to-date about them, so most of them have been reflected in two or three freshest builds (including build 14.0.288 that was released yesterday). Please consider upgrading to build 288, which should address your issue straight away.

Posted: 02/26/2016 06:52:12
by ntr1 (Standard support level)

Quick update: I've found that if you set the RegionID to an empty string, it works and consider it as the standard region.

I can use this workaround, however, you should handle this.
Posted: 02/26/2016 07:42:33
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for the additional information.

Could you please clarify whether you need to implement this workaround with build 288 too?

Topic viewed 1301 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!