EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

FTP & SSH

Also by EldoS: CallbackRegistry
A component to monitor and control Windows registry access and create virtual registry keys.
Posted: 02/18/2016 12:33:45
by Andre Paradis (Standard support level)

Heres the log. The second PASV ftp command does not trigger the new channel creation

Posted: 02/18/2016 13:16:10
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Is the FTP client using TElSimpleFTPSClient component or something else? FTP opens a new data socket for each connection, so it's not clear why and how the FTP client wants to reuse the existing data connection.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 02/18/2016 13:23:38

No it is a 3rd party FTP

I think the secure channel is not ready fast enough

What is the best way to monitor the status of a channel. I will make the FTP client wait until the channel is ready for each new socket creation
Posted: 02/18/2016 14:05:47

I am confused now -- does the FTP client connect via "SOCKS server" (actually your port forwarding), as I described above, OR you are somehow intercepting the data flow and substitute the address/port in it for that client?

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 02/18/2016 14:24:54

The client connects via the SOCK SERVER / (port forwarding)

I do not want to use the dataflow method i wrote earlier this week if your components can do the job.

Everything works fine, sock server works perfect, but for some reason, the dynamic port forwarding wont work if I try to transfer via FTP 2 consecutive files. The 'Secured Channel' created at the first PASV command is closed after the first file transfer and the second file transfer (second PASV) wont Open a secure channel. I can see it clearly using your sample.

Perhaps the second secured channel is not created fast enough and the FTP connection fails ?
Posted: 02/18/2016 14:36:50

Andre Paradis wrote:
Perhaps the second secured channel is not created fast enough and the FTP connection fails ?

When in dynamic mode, the client connects to the opened socket and requests connection to the remote server. Then it usually waits for some time (at least it should).

What you could do is take our sample FTPS Client, modify it to use SOCKS connectivity and see how it behaves with your tunneling. Will it work for several files or it will behave in the same way that your other FTP client does?

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 02/19/2016 07:42:39

The problem was my 3rd party ftp client (ICS) asyncronous non blocking nature. Making it communicate properly in a ssh tunnel created in the same project would require me to rewrite most of the application.

Your client works perfectly, i will just replace the component and i will be done.

many thanks !
Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.

Statistics

Topic viewed 5334 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!