EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

TElAWSS3DataStorage Rename option

Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.
Posted: 02/06/2016 09:45:00
by Pascal Coenen (Standard support level)

Hi,

I'm using TElAWSS3DataStorage and would like to rename an AWS object. At the moment I do a copy (to object with new name) and delete the old object. Is there a better/easier way to do this?

Second question: AuthType property, is this implemented? I checked the source code but I don't think it is being used at the moment.

Regards,
Pascal
Posted: 02/07/2016 16:04:35
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Hi Pascal,

Unfortunately, there is no way to rename AWS S3 objects in one atomic operation. This is a limitation of S3 API. So using COPY + DELETE is the only option to rename an object.

Note that COPY doesn't copy certain properties of the object (such as ACL, more details are available here), so you should take extra care when working with ACL'ed object.

AWS S3 service currently only supports Amazon's HMAC-based authentication method. The AuthType property was reserved for future, but has no control over component's authentication behaviour.

Ken

Statistics

Topic viewed 1384 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!