EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Force DNS Server in ElHTTPSClient

Also by EldoS: Callback File System
Create virtual file systems and disks, expose and manage remote data as if they were files on the local disk.
Posted: 02/05/2016 00:00:57
by Juli Duke (Standard support level)

Hello,

I'm with a specific need of being able to choose a DNS Server when making an HTTP request.

If we do not have this option, another option would be able to determine where IP will make certain requests. Example:

When I want to download the site: www.google.com, the DNS System will give me some ip of google's servers, but for this particular request want to determine ip to where it will send the request.

Its clear?

Thanks all you for that great tool :)
Posted: 02/05/2016 03:23:08
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

You can use TElHTTPSClient.DNS property to configure desired DNS servers list. Please check next article for details: https://www.eldos.com/documentation/sb...tings.html

In general you should turn TElDNSSettings.Enabled property on and add servers IPs using TElDNSSettings.Servers property.
Posted: 02/05/2016 13:36:13
by Juli Duke (Standard support level)

That's very good!

And it is possible to make the second option that I mentioned?

"I could select the ip to which I will send the request? I guess that should not exist this option by default, but I could edit the source perhaps for that ..."
Posted: 02/05/2016 15:55:03
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Yes, by modifying the source code of TElDNSSettings.ResolveHostName method you can fake the results of the lookup.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Statistics

Topic viewed 1911 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!