EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

A question about TElSimpleFTPSClient.Close method (ref_cl_simpleftpsclient_mtd_close.xml)

Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.
Posted: 01/15/2016 09:52:07
by Wes L (Basic support level)

I'm using SecureBlackbox Product Version 10.0.233.0 for VB.NET

The TElSimpleFTPSClient.Close(True) method passes True to the 'Silent' variable which means the method executes a non-graceful closure. What is the difference between a graceful closure and a non-graceful closure? Specifically, I'm interested in whether or not the FTP "quit" command is issued before closing the connection during a non-graceful closure.

Is there a way to log which FTP commands are being issued via a method or property in Secure Blackbox?
Posted: 01/15/2016 09:54:45
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

I’ve noticed there is no support access ticket linked to your user account on EldoS site. Support is provided to customers with the linked support access tickets. You will find your support access ticket together with all the details about how to use it in the registration e-mail that we’ve sent to you upon the purchase.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 01/15/2016 13:48:00
by Wes L (Basic support level)

I have updated my support access ticket to my user account. Thank you for your assistance with this.

Some additional information concerning this issue:

We are uploading files to a clients FTP site (using TElSimpleFTPSClient.UploadFile()), and they claim we are closing the connection before issuing a "quit" command in FTP. This is causing an error (on their end) in the last file that we send them.
Posted: 01/15/2016 14:01:42
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Wes L wrote:
Specifically, I'm interested in whether or not the FTP "quit" command is issued before closing the connection during a non-graceful closure.

No, QUIT command is not sent in case Silent parameter is set to true.

Wes L wrote:
Is there a way to log which FTP commands are being issued via a method or property in Secure Blackbox?

Yes, you need to handle OnControlSend and OnControlReceive events.

Please note that you have a license with lifetime free upgrades and it makes sense to upgrade your version of SecureBlackbox to version 14, as the latter includes numerous improvements including complete TLS 1.2 support, SHA2 cipher suites and more.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Statistics

Topic viewed 1376 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!