EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

DTLS samples license key is not set

Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages
Posted: 01/14/2016 12:03:56
by Peter  (Basic support level)

Hi,

First, sorry for my english.

I need a library to work with DTLS and i found secure black box.
I started with the DTLS samples to do a test to known it works.
I downloaded the program with a evaluation license.

With the DTLS Client sample no problem but when i try to run the DTLS Server sample the program exited with this message:

{"SecureBlackbox license key is not set. Please pass production or evaluation license key to SBUtils.Unit.SetLicenseKey() function in initialization section of your application.\r\nIf this message appears in design-time, place ElSBLicenseManager component on the form and put the key to LicenseKey property.\r\nEvaluation license key can be found in <SecureBlackbox folder>\\LicenseKey.txt file"}

Naturally, the key of the license is correctly set in SBUtils.Unit.SetLicenseKey().

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.
Posted: 01/14/2016 12:10:06
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for the report.

Could you please setup the debugger to stop on CLR exceptions, reproduce the issue, and see what call stack will be shown? The call stack should point at the method that causes the exception. Also it's important to ensure (by placing a breakpoint) that SetLicenseKey is set with a proper license key. We will try to reproduce the issue locally, but we must exclude the obvious causes of the error first.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 01/18/2016 03:14:07

Hi,

I have solved the problem but i have other problem with the DTLS samples.

Trying to connect with the DTLS server and client, the connection takes 5 minutes to establish dialog.

This delay not is acceptable for my proyect because i need a few seconds to establish the connection.

I have read that the evaluation license have a delay in the connections, this is so?

┬┐What can i do?

Thanks.
Posted: 01/18/2016 05:49:11
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Hi Peter,

That's definitely not an evaluation delay and that's definitely not a normal way of things. By any chance, do you have a firewall between the client and the server that might cause UDP packet loss?

Ken
Posted: 01/18/2016 06:22:40

Hi,

I have the firewall disabled and the connection delays 5 minutes.

I'm capturing the packets with Wireshark and the DTLS client receives the certificate of the server inmediatly but is like that the client not establish the connection before the 5 minutes.

The DTLS client shows in the log that the connection is delayed 5 minutes.

I do not know what to do.

Posted: 01/18/2016 06:33:13

Did you try testing the client and the server samples on the same computer?

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 01/18/2016 06:34:07
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

That's weird. Could you please let me know the versions of OS and .NET framework you are running the samples under, so that we could try to reproduce the issue locally?
Posted: 01/18/2016 06:58:55

Hi,

My PC is Windows 10 and the other is Windows 7. Both of them uses Visual Studio 2013 with the .NET Framework 4.

Thanks.
Posted: 01/18/2016 07:12:27

Let me ask again - did you try testing the client and the server samples on the same computer? It's important to narrow down the problem, i.e. exclude (or confirm) that your network is the factor that affects the speed.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 01/18/2016 07:16:38

Hi,

I have tested the samples in the same computer and still get a delay of 5 minutes.

If is necessary i will send my Wireshark captures.

Thanks.
Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.

Statistics

Topic viewed 3711 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!