EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Adaptations to Java DC component

Also by EldoS: Callback File System
Create virtual file systems and disks, expose and manage remote data as if they were files on the local disk.
Posted: 01/14/2016 08:31:50
by javier aranda (Basic support level)

I am evaluating secureblackbox for purchasing.

I have an asp.net webforms application and need to add multi-browser support, i think best option is using yout Java DC component.

Actually my application do the following steps:

1) In an enrollment process, the application store users digital certificate thumbprint.

2) In the daily use of application, the user sign a plain text displayed on screen showing a button To [sign] (no certificate selection, the enrolled certificate is automatically selected), after signature, in same webform is raised a postback event , to make server validation of the signature.

So i will to do adaptions to your Java DC component :
- pass a parameter specifing certificate thumbprint, same previously recovered from capicom so i will not to do re-enrollment of all users.
- Hide all other controls and steps except (Step 3) Finish Button.
- Put the resulting signature in a web form hidden control,
- trigger a web form page postback event (to avoid sending the user to result page)

Questions:
I undestood i will recive Java DC source code after purchase,
¿are these adaptions possible to make in your Java DC component?
I have done basic programming in java. ¿how much effort will this adaptions require?
Posted: 01/14/2016 08:36:37
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

You can change parameters passed to the applet as well as modify controls. I am not sure that the last part (post back the data via your page) will work, though.

As for required efforts - that's the question that only you can answer. In general, there's nothing hard in these tasks, so modifications can be done within several hours (again, I don't know about posting back from the web form).

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 01/14/2016 08:56:48
by javier aranda (Basic support level)

About posting back from the web form,

Is posible to call a javascript function from inside Java DC component after signing and pass signature as parameter, instead of send to another page?

Thanks.
Posted: 01/14/2016 09:07:50
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

The applet has DataURL/GoURL parameters that may be used to specify an URL to post generated signature to. Please check the article for details: https://www.eldos.com/documentation/sb..._java.html
Posted: 01/14/2016 09:31:12
by Alexander Ionov (EldoS Corp.)

Also, your question is answered on the Oracle web site. Please check the following article for details: https://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutoria...pplet.html

--
Best regards,
Alexander Ionov
Also by EldoS: RawDisk
Access locked and protected files in Windows, read and write disks and partitions and more.

Statistics

Topic viewed 1668 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!