EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Adaptations to Java DC component

Also by EldoS: CallbackProcess
A component to control process creation and termination in Windows and .NET applications.
Posted: 01/14/2016 08:31:50
by javier aranda (Basic support level)

I am evaluating secureblackbox for purchasing.

I have an asp.net webforms application and need to add multi-browser support, i think best option is using yout Java DC component.

Actually my application do the following steps:

1) In an enrollment process, the application store users digital certificate thumbprint.

2) In the daily use of application, the user sign a plain text displayed on screen showing a button To [sign] (no certificate selection, the enrolled certificate is automatically selected), after signature, in same webform is raised a postback event , to make server validation of the signature.

So i will to do adaptions to your Java DC component :
- pass a parameter specifing certificate thumbprint, same previously recovered from capicom so i will not to do re-enrollment of all users.
- Hide all other controls and steps except (Step 3) Finish Button.
- Put the resulting signature in a web form hidden control,
- trigger a web form page postback event (to avoid sending the user to result page)

I undestood i will recive Java DC source code after purchase,
¿are these adaptions possible to make in your Java DC component?
I have done basic programming in java. ¿how much effort will this adaptions require?
Posted: 01/14/2016 08:36:37
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

You can change parameters passed to the applet as well as modify controls. I am not sure that the last part (post back the data via your page) will work, though.

As for required efforts - that's the question that only you can answer. In general, there's nothing hard in these tasks, so modifications can be done within several hours (again, I don't know about posting back from the web form).

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 01/14/2016 08:56:48
by javier aranda (Basic support level)

About posting back from the web form,

Is posible to call a javascript function from inside Java DC component after signing and pass signature as parameter, instead of send to another page?

Posted: 01/14/2016 09:07:50
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

The applet has DataURL/GoURL parameters that may be used to specify an URL to post generated signature to. Please check the article for details: https://www.eldos.com/documentation/sb..._java.html
Posted: 01/14/2016 09:31:12
by Alexander Ionov (EldoS Corp.)

Also, your question is answered on the Oracle web site. Please check the following article for details: https://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutoria...pplet.html

Best regards,
Alexander Ionov
Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.

Topic viewed 1581 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!