EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

PKI package, complete controle over Windows Cert Storage?

Also by EldoS: CallbackRegistry
A component to monitor and control Windows registry access and create virtual registry keys.
Posted: 07/12/2007 07:47:59
by Roland  (Basic support level)

We're looking at buying the PKI package. We use Delphi.
I've been looking in the knowledge base and it looks good. We want it to export certificates from the Windows central certificate storage. And I've seen it does. But do we have complete access to all of the folders in the central storage?
When you open your certificates screen (thru configurationscreen or mmc console) you've got the certificates of the user, divided into folders.
And I suppose the PKI package gives access to certificates out of all those folders? There is no limitation to exporting certificates only out of the Private folder? We want to export from the Trusted base certificates folder too.

Don't get me wrong, I don't expect these kind of limits, but I have to make sure before we buy the pakage.

thanks in advance
Posted: 07/12/2007 09:40:41
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

TElWinCertStorage class provides access to all the existing system certificate storages. Using its AccessType property you can configure it to access certificates stored either under local machine, current user, services or other system accounts. The exact store(s) can be specified via SystemStores property.

Please consider using CertDemo application as a guide in your investigations.
Posted: 07/12/2007 12:34:37

Ok, sounds good, thanks.

Even though it probably is very obvious, I can't find the CertDemo application. Do you have an url?
Posted: 07/12/2007 13:19:36
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

The demo is located at the following location:

SBB\Samples\C#\PKIBlackbox\CertDemo for .NET edition,
SBB\Samples\PKI\Certificates for VCL edition,
SBB\Samples\VB6\PKIBlackbox\Certificates for ActiveX edition.
Posted: 07/30/2007 13:05:46

And it is also capable of exporting certificates in PFX / PKCS#12 format?
If we see [URL=http://www.eldos.com/documentation/sbb/documentation/ref_cl_customcertstorage_mtd_loadfrombufferpfx.html?phrase_id=180676]this class[/URL], it does. And this class, ElCustomCertStorage and it's descendants, are part of the PKI package?
Posted: 07/30/2007 15:23:59
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Each component has information in the help file, which tells you what package(s) you must license to use this class.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages

Topic viewed 2437 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!