EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Cryptographic card

Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.
Posted: 05/21/2006 16:07:36
by Santiago Castaño (Standard support level)

Yes, the pkcs#11 sample.

I'll wait for that info. Many thanks
Posted: 05/21/2006 16:32:26
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Also, more information... my application says (just a warning message) that the certificate has a private key that is not exportable.

Did you get this information accessing the certificate via CryptoAPI or PKCS#11 call?

But how can i know where's the dll that i've got to use programatically?.

There's no general answer for this question. The exact location and file name of PKCS#11 provider DLL depends on particular software. So, the only way to get the DLL is to search for it in the locations specified in the token manual.

Umm, i didn't explain well in the last lines. I say that it'll be confusing because they can see the certificate in the principal window, and they'll select it. But instead of that, they would have to select the certificate that appears in the "cryptotoken" area. So if i mix cryptotoken and my application, i'll have to not show the certificate that cryptoapi says, and put the certificate of the cryptotoken area.

You can divide the signing/decryption operation into two steps. First, you may try to sign the document using CryptoAPI. If this attempt failed, you may search for the same certificate in the PKCS#11 storage and try to sign the document using PKCS#11 interface.
Posted: 05/21/2006 16:35:38

Did you get this information accessing the certificate via CryptoAPI or PKCS#11 call?

Via CryptoAPI

There's no general answer for this question. The exact location and file name of PKCS#11 provider DLL depends on particular software. So, the only way to get the DLL is to search for it in the locations specified in the token manual.

I can't undestand it... search it where? (excuse my little known of this token-things). Are they in the registry? how windows know where they are?
Posted: 05/21/2006 16:37:22

In my windows it's at: {$System32}\PkcsV2GK.dll (I found it at first time looking for all that starts with pkcs and that was the only one :p)
Posted: 05/21/2006 17:10:13
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Unfortunately, I'm not ready to answer your question at the moment. We will clarify the issue and answer you as soon as possible.
Posted: 05/22/2006 01:25:38
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Santiago Castaño wrote:
I can't undestand it... search it where? (excuse my little known of this token-things). Are they in the registry? how windows know where they are?

Search it in the places, mentioned in documentation.

Windows loads other DLLs. Windows doesn't use PKCS#11, instead CSP dlls are used.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 05/22/2006 03:16:48

Ok, I thought that they'll have to set it in anywhere in the registry for mozilla thunderbird for example; but i've just did a test in thunderbird, and i have to manually locate the dll; so no problem with that as other big programs have the same funcionallity.

P.S.: i've just update my drivers, and now with cryptoapi, when i try to do things the private key, it pops up a window asking me for the PIN of the card, and it runs perfect; but i'll implement also the pkcs#11 for the people that have some problems with old drivers.

Many thanks again for an excellent support
Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.

Statistics

Topic viewed 14197 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!