EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Detached Signature XAdES

Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.
Posted: 01/05/2016 09:34:08
by AGM  (Standard support level)

Hi,

I'm testing the AdvancedSigner demo. When I sign with Detached type of signature, I can't see any reference to the signing data, so, the verifier says that some references are not valid, as it is normal. How can I attach the appropriate information to this detached file to get a valid verification? Does it work? I reffer: If I sign with detached mode (linking in anyway the signature and the data, for example with the URL in the signature file), and then I change the original file, will the verification fail as it should or should I to develope it?

Regards!
Posted: 01/05/2016 10:07:22
by Dmytro Bogatskyy (EldoS Corp.)

Hi,

hen I sign with Detached type of signature, I can't see any reference to the signing data, so, the verifier says that some references are not valid, as it is normal. How can I attach the appropriate information to this detached file to get a valid verification? Does it work? I reffer: If I sign with detached mode (linking in anyway the signature and the data, for example with the URL in the signature file), and then I change the original file, will the verification fail as it should or should I to develope it?

To reference element in different document usually the following URI format is used: "document.xml#element_id" or "file://document.xml#element_id"
The sample has a limited support for this functionality. For example, it wont automatically generate the id for selected element in external document, that is, could result to the empty URI in the sample that you should fill by yourself. When you validate a signature you can select a reference (in "Signature Info" form press "View References" button, then select a reference and press "Info") and then modify its data using "Modify Referenced Data" dialog.

Statistics

Topic viewed 1046 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!