EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Issue with SSL Cipher?

Also by EldoS: RawDisk
Access locked and protected files in Windows, read and write disks and partitions and more.
Posted: 01/01/2016 10:44:48
by Matt matt (Standard support level)

I'm using the SSL classes via C# and am managing to talk to various services successfully, however when connecting to

I'm getting "Connection failed (error code is 75782)" - whilst the browser seems to connect ok.

I also get exactly the same error when using the sample application

and using d1z0mfyqx7ypd2.cloudfront.net for the host name

Most (if not all) other services I've tried all work fine, just this one so far....

Can someone please take a look and advise of a solution please?

Many thanks,

Posted: 01/01/2016 11:18:15
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

I’ve noticed there is no support access ticket linked to your user account on EldoS site. Support is provided to customers with the linked support access tickets. You will find your support access ticket together with all the details about how to use it in the registration e-mail that we’ve sent to you upon the purchase.

We offer short-term (3 months) Premium support available for purchase separately from product licenses. Within Premium support we offer extended support services that cover diagnostics of errors that happen with third-party software. Premium support package can be ordered on https://www.eldos.com/support/calc.php.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 01/01/2016 11:37:00

Ok, am just evaluating at the moment, but chances are I'll buy the package in the next few days as everything else seems pretty much stable thanks.

You may however want to check out your sample as it throws an error for this https server..
Posted: 01/01/2016 11:52:14

The fact that the sample throws an exception doesn't mean that we need to take any immediate action - if some server is buggy or requires additional handling, then the client components might need specific tune-up for this particular server. Obviously such tune-up should not go to the sample's source code, and should be done on your side instead.

We have several articles in the knowledgebase that will help you and everyone else tune up the TLS components for various border cases.

It is not possible to make components automatically connect to all and any servers, because some servers require different settings, some of which are contradictory to requirements of other servers. Browsers solve this problem by trying various combinations of settings, if the default ones don't work. Our code should not do this for simplicity of the samples.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 01/02/2016 04:04:27
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Hi Matt,

One of the easy ways to investigate compatibility-related SSL/TLS connectivity issues is to use our SSL connection checker tool. You can find the link to the tool at the bottom of this how-to article.

By launching the tool for your endpoint (d1z0mfyqx7ypd2.cloudfront.net) we can see that the server has SSL 3.0 protocol version forcefully disabled. Therefore please try to limit the set of versions of your client component with TLS 1.0 + TLS 1.1 + TLS 1.2. This should help you overcome the connectivity issue.

Posted: 01/03/2016 10:42:50

Hi Ken,

Thanks very much for the article and the connection checker tool....

Have been able to get everything working now (I think!) during evaluation, and have just bought the professional edition of secureblackbox from yourselves in order to replace bouncy castle and the built in .net sslstream code amongst other packages too I hope!

Thanks again!

Posted: 01/03/2016 11:05:13

Thank you. We wish you joyful experience with SecureBlackbox!

A side note - as you are using Hotmail address, it's possible that our licensing emails were blocked and didn't reach you. If this is the case, please post a request to HelpDesk and I'll copy the emails as a reply to your HelpDesk request.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.

Topic viewed 2717 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!