EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Cloud BlackBox and OneDrive For Business

Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages
Posted: 05/11/2016 07:05:17
by Alexander Ionov (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you very much for reporting this.

We'll check the issue on our side and will let you know as soon as we have any news.

--
Best regards,
Alexander Ionov
Posted: 05/11/2016 07:58:42

Well, earlier registered applications still work fine without any changes.

To register a new application, go to Application Registration Portal and follow the steps below:

• Click the "Add an app" button in the "Live SDK applications" section.
  • Next, enter your app name, then click the "Create application" button.
  • On the next page, in the "Platforms" section you need:

• If you plan to use an external browser for authentication, then in the "Web" subsection the "Redirect URIs" field must be filled with the URL for redirection during authentication (eg. http://localhost:2180/). This is the URL, where the application will wait for the authentication code. If there is no "Web" subsection available, click the "Add Platform" button and then, click the "Web" button.
    • If you plan to use the embedded browser for user authentication, then click the "Add Platform" button and then, click the "Mobile application" button.

• Save the application settings by clicking the "Save" button in the bottom-left corner of the page.
  • In the "Properties" section, copy "Application Id" value and in the "Application Secrets" section, find a row marked as "Current" in the third column (usually, it's the first row), then copy the value from its first column. These values are required for future use in your application.

--
Best regards,
Alexander Ionov
Posted: 05/11/2016 09:29:50
by ntr1 (Standard support level)

Hi,

thank yo uso much for the explanation and I'm glad to know there's still a way ot make it work.

However, I cannot find the "Live SDK applications" section. I've only on app section, (I can only see a "Live SDK support" checkbox on the bottom of the app page).

I can see the "application secrets" section, where I can generate a password or a key pair, but there is no third column with the "current" atrribute.

How is it possible, can you send me a screenshot of your page and the browser url ?
Posted: 05/11/2016 10:06:47

Sure, here it is. The full URL is: https://apps.dev.microsoft.com/#/appList

--
Best regards,
Alexander Ionov
Posted: 05/11/2016 10:10:17

And here is the page of an application settings:

--
Best regards,
Alexander Ionov
Posted: 05/11/2016 11:20:07

Hi, and thanks for the images.

Unfortunately there is no way for me to create a live sdk application.

The "live sdk applications" section is not visible, even if I create an app checking the "live sdk" checkbox.

Is there anything special to enable? (I've tried with two different accounts).
Posted: 05/11/2016 11:33:50
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

I think you will have more luck asking in OneDrive support or in some Microsoft forum related to OneDrive development.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 05/11/2016 12:14:43

ntr1 wrote:
Unfortunately there is no way for me to create a live sdk application.

It seems Microsoft doesn't show "Live SDK applications" section for accounts which didn't have an old application registered.

We're investigating the problem.

--
Best regards,
Alexander Ionov
Posted: 05/13/2016 03:49:39

Well, new registration procedure in Application Registration Portal is described below:

• Click "Add an app" button in "My applications" section.
  • Next, enter your app name, then click "Create application" button.
  • On the next page, in "Platforms" section you need to add at least one platform. To do this, click "Add Platform" button and then:

• If you plan to use an external browser for authentication, choose "Web" option. Then in "Web" sub-section, "Redirect URIs" field must be filled with the URL for redirection during authentication (for example, http://localhost:2180/). This is the URL, where your application will wait for the authorization code.
    • If you plan to use an embedded browser for user authentication, choose "Mobile application" option.

• If you have added "Web" platform, you need also to create at least one application secret. To do this, in "Application Secrets" section click "Generate New Password" button.
    Important! Copy the generated secret from the appeared window to a safe place. This value is required for future use in your application.
  • In "Advanced Options" section, set the checkbox "Live SDK support".
  • Save the application settings by clicking "Save" button in the bottom-left corner of the page.
  • In "Properties" section, copy "Application Id" value. This value is required for future use in your application.

If you use an external browser for user authentication, there must be no other changes required. Just set the new Application Id and Application Secret to TElOneDriveDataStorage.ClientID and ClientSecret properties.

If you use an embedded browser, it's needed to clean up ClientSecret property because OneDrive authorization server reports an error. Also, it's needed to set RedirectURL property to the value copied from "Mobile application" sub-section. In the future builds of SecureBlackbox, this value will be used automatically.

--
Best regards,
Alexander Ionov
Posted: 05/18/2016 03:36:22

Thank you so much, I will try this now.
Also by EldoS: CallbackRegistry
A component to monitor and control Windows registry access and create virtual registry keys.

Statistics

Topic viewed 3568 times

Number of guests: 2, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!