EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

HTTPS with Proxy

Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.
Posted: 05/17/2006 07:51:34
by Jose Paulo Martins (Basic support level)

Hi, would like to know if you possesss some demo how much connection HTTPS using proxies?
Already I tried of some forms to make the connection, but the returned message is: error SSL connection [-1].
Posted: 05/17/2006 09:25:00
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Connection to HTTPS via proxy usually doesn't make sense from security point of view. However, some proxies support HTTP CONNECT command, and this can be used for "proxying" certain connections including HTTPS. With SecureBlackbox such proxy type is called WebTunneling and is avaialble using corresponding properties.

I also saw an option of connecting to Proxomitron using SSL and it (proxomitron) then connects via SSL to remote host, but this is not a common type of connection.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 05/17/2006 15:40:44
by Jose Paulo Martins (Basic support level)

but I did not obtain to create tunnel which you if related. I did not find a way to associate the TElHTTPSClient component with the WebTunneling (TElSSHTunnelList and TElLocalPortForwardSSHTunnel).
Exists some form to make this?
Posted: 05/18/2006 02:10:26
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

There's no need to associate anything. WebTunneling* is a set of properties in ElHTTPSClient. It has nothing to do with SSH.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Topic viewed 5019 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!