EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

SHH over http proxy

Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.
Posted: 07/11/2007 01:09:52
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Then it's your proxy problem. Contact your system/network administrator.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 07/12/2007 08:40:33
by steve orford (Standard support level)

I am the admin in this case, we are using squid for testing purposes. The admins at the customer will not modify there config at all, or tell me exactly what it is, so its rather tricky. Can you at least suggest good places to look for a problem.

The client forces all internet users to log into their proxy when they want to go out on the web, using either 80 or 443. I'm just trying to make sure my soltuion connects properly in my test environment before tyrying to figuire out what theres is doing. Some pointers would be appreciated.
Posted: 07/12/2007 08:58:51

We have no experience with Squid setup so I can't tell you anything, sorry. I suggest that you look at into the squid's log to find out what happens with your test connection - whether it takes place and what squid does with it (rejects it, drops it etc.).

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 07/12/2007 10:59:26

I've read some documents (not in English so they won't help you) and those documents say that by default Squid configs support CONNECT command only to certain remote ports, and port 22 is not in the list. What you need to do is modify quid config to allow HTTP CONNECT command to the needed ports.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 07/12/2007 21:49:53
by steve orford (Standard support level)

Thanks, I appreciate that. I'll check out the squid settings and modify as suggested then retest. Once I can confirm it works I'll make the same mods to my core software and retest. The real challenge will be find out if that works on the clients proxy...
Also by EldoS: Callback File System
Create virtual file systems and disks, expose and manage remote data as if they were files on the local disk.

Statistics

Topic viewed 7071 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!