EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Characters set problem for TElHTTPSClient

Also by EldoS: Callback File System
Create virtual file systems and disks, expose and manage remote data as if they were files on the local disk.
Posted: 09/24/2015 21:41:01
by Lemon Yang (Standard support level)

we're using SecureBlackbox.HTTPClient.TElHTTPSClient.postWebForm for https transport, we found it transports string value with UTF8 format, but currently there is a problem, the server side only accept GBK character set, and can't change its code for us. could you let me know how to select the character set for TElHTTPSClient? thank you very much.
Posted: 09/25/2015 03:19:18
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Hi Lemon,

Thank you for the report.

As of now, it doesn't seem possible to change the encoding of the submitted data easily. We could however add some support for it in one of the future SecureBlackbox updates.

Could you please specify what kind of data do you need to submit to the server (in particular, is there a file field or it's only text fields) so that we could have a look for a possible variants of doing it with the current product revision?

Ken
Posted: 09/26/2015 09:14:34
by Lemon Yang (Standard support level)

it's only text fields currently. thank you.
Posted: 09/28/2015 16:17:32
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for the details.

We've added experimental support for custom charsets to the PostWebForm() method. Being on the testing stage at the moment, this addition will go to the next build of SecureBlackbox 14 (which is likely to be released within 3-4 weeks). Still, it would be great if you could check the update with your server before it goes into the official update, just to be sure that it does exactly what your server needs. We could prepare a custom set of assemblies for you to test - just let me know if you are OK with that.

I've created a Helpdesk ticket for you, we can continue the talk there.

Ken

Statistics

Topic viewed 2602 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!