EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Free SFTP-Client License & SFTP-Connection

Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.
Posted: 09/19/2015 07:22:13
by Philipp Bundschuh (Basic support level)

Hi,

just wrote a little vb.net console application that reads a remote file and parses the result. In my testing-environment the connection to my linux server (OpenSSH_6.0p1 Debian-4+deb7u2) worked fine, but when I try to connect to an firewall via ssh (OpenSSH_6.2), I got an error message, that my license would not support the requested operation. I am currently using the free license that I copied from my license portal.
Any idea, why the license is revoked, although the opreation is the same?
The only "difference" is, that on my testing environment the username is root, on the firewall it's "loginuser".... could that be the problem?

regards

Philipp
Posted: 09/19/2015 12:15:22
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

The free license is issued for SFTP only, not for SSH itself (i.e. only SFTP subsystem works, and not shell or command or any other). Are you using SFTP or SSH (secure shell)?

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 09/19/2015 12:21:20
by Philipp Bundschuh (Basic support level)

Hi Eugene,
thanks for quick reply; I think that the firewall does not support sftp so the connection will be done via ssh :-(

Did some tests with WinSCP and with the sftp-Connection string, the firewall refuses connection...

Could that be the reason? Is the connection-type automatically discovered?
regards
Posted: 09/19/2015 13:22:49
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

I don't remember if detection were present in version 9 - in current versions it's indeed present and if SFTP is not available, SecureBlackbox attempts to run SFTP process via command channel (and this would not work for a free license).

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Statistics

Topic viewed 2575 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!